Sat, Sep 28, 9:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: I have problems with a circular polarizer.

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2015 at 3:12 PM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 9:17 AM
Forum Moderator

I recently upgraded from a point and shoot Canon Powershot SX130IS to a Canon EOS 6D. I am enjoying my new camera immensely, but I have a problem with a circular polarizer filter. I bought the 24-105mm kit lens that Canon pushes with this camera and the vivitar circular polarizer included in the kit gives me spotty results. I used to shoot 35 mm film and medium format film back in the 60's, 70's, and 80's and I do not remember ever having a problem like this with polarizers. This picture was taken at the 24mm setting, it is somewhat less ugly at 105mm, but it is still there.IMG_0605.JPG

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Deenamic ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 6:26 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi UVDan! I only use a point and shoot, but I can definitely tell that polarizer filter shouldn't be creating that type of result. If I didn't know you used a polarizer filter for that, I would have thought you opened the photo in Photoshop and put a radial gradient overlay over it and left it at 60% opacity. I wish I could help you with your polarizer filter problem. I'm better at working with photos after you take them. I hope someone with a more advanced camera and tons of experience with filters will drop by and help you with your problem. I hope it starts working better for you, and if it doesn't, then there are more polarizer filters in the sea that will give you better results. 😄

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 9:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks very much Deenamic! I appreciate your response.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Deenamic ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 11:08 PM
Forum Moderator

You're welcome UVDan! 😄

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

X-PaX ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2015 at 12:09 PM

Does your circular polarizer has something to change the radius (maybe a handle)? If so i would suggest to try to change the radius. You can try to hold the polarizer directly into the sky and than change the radius. You should see the effect immediately. I hope i could help.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

Sacha45 ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 1:12 AM · edited Thu, 07 January 2016 at 1:14 AM

Polarizers will have little or no effect when used to shoot a setting sun, because the angle is wrong. The effect of a polarizers manifests itself at 90 degree angles to the sun.

Primark Hounslow Store

X-PaX ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2016 at 6:37 AM

It would be nice to get a response from UVDan if the information was helpful.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.