Thu, Sep 19, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Where are all the Pauline renders??

Sabby ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 1:43 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:41 AM

Title says it all...... I'd like to see more of her before I decide if I should buy poser and create characters for her. ;)

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 5:54 AM

Modelers? She has a lot of potential, especially if you work in Zbrush!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 6:43 AM

HD morphs can be created directly in Poser without the need to open zBrush though you can go that route should you wish. Pauline is a merchant resource. It is very easy to export your custom Pauline with just a mouse click or two.

Sabby ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 7:04 AM

I did see the thread at runtimeDNA but normally you see lots more renders of a new figure when it's just released. Doesn't seem that many people are super excited, if people aren't excited not many new buyers.

CrystalGames ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 7:17 AM

Sabby posted at 8:17AM Thu, 19 November 2015 - #4239489

I did see the thread at runtimeDNA but normally you see lots more renders of a new figure when it's just released. Doesn't seem that many people are super excited, if people aren't excited not many new buyers.

Or.....people are just tired of having their artwork ripped to shreds by the naysayers.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 7:32 AM

You nail it Crystalgames:)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

honzu ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 7:38 AM

Waiting for Sabby morphs. I dont like default Pauline that much, but bought P11 anyhow. The Pauline renders start, when you have nice looking figures.

CrystalGames ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 7:52 AM

Well, every product released yesterday for Pauline has maintained their spot on the What's Hot page, so someone is buying........

Sabby ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 10:41 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2015 at 10:41 AM

Not to sound awful, but I was on that what's hot page with less than 10 sales, the other day. :) So... doesn't mean a whole lot.

But Honzu, I'll have to get P11 and see if I can work some Pauline magic. :D

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 10:52 AM

Sabby posted at 10:51AM Thu, 19 November 2015 - #4239534

I will be waiting to buy when you do!

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 11:06 AM

Right now, I suppose some of us are trying to get our heads wrapped around Superfly, refreshing our knowledge of the material room, moving our python scripts over to the new version, adding our runtimes, perusing the 1,075 page manual for all of the new tools, etc.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 2:17 PM

ssgbryan: That is the main thing right now. New features take a little bit of a learning curve. Be patient troops!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 3:17 PM · edited Thu, 19 November 2015 at 3:22 PM

I was going to post a bunch of renders, but to be completely honest, I wasn't happy with her default skin, so I'm making my own. However, since I'm no professional, it is going to take me a very long time, and I may well give up before I'm finished. I think it was a mistake for SM to release Pauline without a decent skin, but what's done is done.

I did just notice that Biscuits released a merchant resource skin -- at a very decent price, I might add -- so I could save myself a week or more of work by buying it.

I also think that Texture Converter could produce a conversion package, without too much headache. Pauline's UV templates look to me like a cross between V4 and V3.

Edit: In other words, we seem to have reached the usual native Poser content creator's dilemma: Users don't use until they have content and vendors don't make content until they see users using (I'm certainly not blaming them for being risk averse when it's their livelihood). Glad to see, however, that a few have taken the initiative in order to get us going, bless their hearts.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

honzu ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2015 at 3:37 PM

Sabby posted at 10:33PM Thu, 19 November 2015 - #4239534

Not to sound awful, but I was on that what's hot page with less than 10 sales, the other day. :) So... doesn't mean a whole lot.

Great, my P11 needs some magic.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.