Sat, Sep 21, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How do I get my Mac to accept new poser files

U-kno ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 1999 at 6:30 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:53 AM

Is there a mac converter or something? I think I'm following what was recommended in Poser FAQ, but to no avail. Note the files download as Simpletext docs ... is this right? Any help would be appreciated. THX.

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 1999 at 10:14 PM

There's a PC to Mac converter in the Utilities section of the FS pages. -JH.

Kevin ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 1999 at 11:48 AM

I have an update to that part of the FAQ. As soon as I get that machine out of storage I'll update it. Moving is a pain....

adam ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 1999 at 11:09 PM

I had the exact same problem. I went CRAZY!! Seeing tons of characters and clothes on the forum made me want to search hard for some way to use the characters. First, you need to download stuffit expander from download.com. Dropstuff does not work, I have tried it. Then download the mac converter in the Utilities section on this site. Once you download it using stuffit expander, drag the poser file you downloaded to the mac converter. After it converts the file, move the file to runtime>libraries>Character>newfigures. When you open up Poser, the object should be under new figures. Good Luck!! Tell me if it works

Freakachu ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 1999 at 2:29 PM

Adam--of course DropStuff wouldn't work--you need to drop the files on StuffIt Expander (DropStuff compresses the .zip file into a .sit file). StuffIt Expander should easily open most zip files (I prefer StuffIt Expander to ZipIt for expanding archives, since Expander does everything automatically, depositing the archive contents in a new folder and leaving it neatly on the desktop--or whereever you tell your browser to place downloaded files). The folders then can be dropped on MacConverter, and it will convert--and combine .rsr files--with everything inside the folder.

adam ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 1999 at 3:54 PM

ooh, I did not know that. Thanx for the info

rtamesis ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 1999 at 10:42 AM

One tip is that if you have ResEdit, you need to change both the Type and Creator of obj files to text, otherwise Poser can't seem to find those files.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.