Sun, Oct 6, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Making the switch from Poser Pro 2014 to DAZ Studio Pro

trepleen ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 8:24 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 12:45 PM

It's time to upgrade. From what I hear Smith Micro is abandoning Poser. Victoria 7 is enough reason to switch over anyways. Daz Studio 4.9 rendering completely blows Poser out of the water. The learning curve shouldn't be hard. I estimate about two weeks tops.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 8:33 AM

Where did you hear the abandoning rumor in light of the new Poser 11 just released? Official press release or just speculation? I am intrigued where you got your source.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 8:49 AM · edited Sun, 22 November 2015 at 8:53 AM

Maybe pop over to the Daz Studio forum there are plenty there who would be happy to help make your transition easier or help you out if you get stuck with anything. No need to rub the poor Poserites nose in it they have enough issues as it is. ;) I give this thread maybe 6 hrs before its locked or moved.

3DFineries ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 8:51 AM

😒 Don't we have enough DAZ is better than Poser threads as is? You do realize that this type of post can be considered Flame baiting. Let it go already.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 8:52 AM

tee hee hee - popcorn time ?

Eternal Hobbyist

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 9:19 AM

I do agree this is flame baiting and this post should be locked up now. You want to change over, go ahead. No one willl notice. But don't make unsubstantiated claims because it doesn't fit your needs. I use both programs, there are strengths and weaknesses. Use what works for you.

3DFineries ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 9:31 AM

Oh it will be.... 😉

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 9:46 AM

I agree with hborre, whatever suits your style or preverance is what you should be using, I believe both programs offer a lot, I also adore Zbrush. There are so many amazing softwares, mix and match is my preference.

LPR001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 9:48 AM

@trepleen if you require help with Daz feel free to post in the Daz forum. I am not sure why you felt the need to announce your departure from Poser and put forward views that even Smith Micro are probably not even aware of. I can only see this thread for what it is and that is flame baiting which is a breach of the TOS. Members please don't bother to waste your time with a comment in retaliation as it only drags you into the mess.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 1:20 PM

So a Jew, a Muslim, a Protestant, a Catholic, a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Wiccan, and an atheist are all on a lifeboat together in the middle of the ocean....

... and things look good until they start discussing software.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

michelvanspeybroeck ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 1:52 PM

Victoria 7 was the reason that i started using daz studio but i stil use poser pro 2014 to. I like firefly rendering it has a certain painteresque thing but for realism i prefer iray.

I do not think that SM is abandoning poser but there marketing and market research are not very great and that is an understatement. You will not get love on this forum for your post, you are touching a very sensitive topic.

Just do it if you want to start using daz studio, there are a lot of supportive people at the daz forums as there are people very helpful at this forum.

Michel

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 1:54 PM

moriador posted at 7:53PM Sun, 22 November 2015 - #4240270

So a Jew, a Muslim, a Protestant, a Catholic, a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Wiccan, and an atheist are all on a lifeboat together in the middle of the ocean....

... and things look good until they start discussing software.

lol.

Damn me, but I hate not feeding the troll.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 2:07 PM

hborre posted at 3:06PM Sun, 22 November 2015 - #4240232

I use both programs, there are strengths and weaknesses. Use what works for you.

Yep. Me too...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 2:51 PM

You forgot Luddite and Satanist Moriador. Just thinking something bout DS, how come the only people you see making DS native figures (figures, not characters) are Daz Vendors. Don't any of the user's create figures? Are those tools in the hands of the privileged few?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 3:15 PM

My only comment, when SM sends me an email saying they're going to abandon Poser, I'll believe it. Anyone else is just another troll of the worst kind.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

kittykat98 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2015 at 3:44 PM

I made the switch years ago after frustration with Poser's constant crashes. Be warned that Daz has no documentation and they refuse to make any. IRay is great but it also lacks documentation. Despite that, I use it because it's been rock solid for me. I can let it run for weeks with no crashes or lock ups.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.