Fri, Sep 20, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: getting started in creating my own products

tmstubbs ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 1:28 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:49 AM

I'm interested in learning how to create my own products, but I have no clue where to start or what programs to use. I'm a painter but I paint on canvas. I've never seen tutorials for this. I always wonder how the vendors create their products. Would someone give me guidance? Thank you. Teri Stubbs (tmstubbs)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 1:41 PM

What type of products did you have in mind? :)

tmstubbs ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 2:31 PM

I would start with clothing, armor. Thank you for responding. I always wondered how one would start learning. Teri Stubbs

Zoe ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 3:10 PM · edited Fri, 04 December 2015 at 3:12 PM

hi you need a lot of programs...cinema4d or modo, zbrush, marvelous, photoshop what ever you like.
YouTube has a lot of tutorials for modelling, also renderosiry and daz forum ;)
you've learn a lot, I wish you good luck

ItWasNotAvailable ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 1:32 PM

I think you should start with a few freebies first in order to see what you would like to do. Texturing clothing or characters is always a good starting point and there are tutorials available on the matter, because no matter which path you will chose later, being a good texturing artist can be the key to success. Allow a year of releasing freebies and see how the market responds for it isn't as easy as it used to be and it will take loads of work for very little pay. See it as a hobby with a possibility to maybe earn some cash later on. You don't need to buy the very pricey software first as it is all a question of skills. I have seen people knocking out killer textures using PSP. Photoshop is of course the better software but think about this wisely. Don't invest into modelling software as of yet for they can cost loads. When ready try the free or cheaper ones to understand the concepts for versatility in many different softwares is great. I have done all of it, texturing for free and for sale and I model simple stuff but it didn't happen overnight. Feel free to ask questions of course....

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 2:54 PM

Thanks everyone for helping our pal, tmstubbs.

😄

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.