Thu, Sep 19, 3:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro executable has stopped working

snakegrab ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 12:40 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Running poser pro on Windows 10 successfully for many months on current rig. No issues. Today it has stopped working with above error message. Removed preference files and tried restarting same issue. This occurred on 64 bit version but 32 bit version appears to be broken as well. I know in the past there were issues related to IE 11 but that does not appear to be on my system just MS Edge. I did recently install Z brush but I'm pretty sure Poser was working even after that. Any ideas Poser community. I have also sent an email to Smith Micro.

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 1:01 PM

Not sure if this will help, but on RDNA there is a thread that mentions a Win10 update that if rolled back will fix http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?103122-Poser-Pro-2014-crashes-on-startup

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

snakegrab ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 1:09 PM · edited Thu, 31 December 2015 at 1:09 PM

Thanks Bill! Very good suggestion. I checked my update history and there was a windows update on 12/30. I backed it out and Poser is now working...at least until the next MS update.

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 1:39 PM

As noted in The RDNA thread the update reinstalls almost immediately. However this buggy flash security update is affecting other programs such as Skype so Microsoft should be trying to fix it.

snakegrab ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 1:59 PM

Yep. I soon as I last posted it was updated again and Poser failed to start. Sigh. I have turned off automatic updates for now. Thanks again.

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 2:06 PM

Interesting that it affects skype, which is owned by Microsoft left hand, right hand I guess

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 2:40 PM

I filed a problem report at SM so they can have a look at it. Happy New-Year everybody.

ShannonHowell ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 9:52 PM

This is exactly the same thing that is happening with me on Poser 10. I have been using it for months without any issues. Windows 10 did an update and now Poser 10 will not load, I get the same error message that says Poser executable has stopped working. I tried deleteing the preferences, uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing works since the windows 10 update on Dec 29th. It started crashing today Dec. 31st. The Windows 10 update is the only thing that has changed on my computer recently.

Huolong ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2015 at 11:15 PM

Note from Smith Micro on this issue

Microsoft released a brand new update the other day, KB3132372, that massively reconfigures how Flash works, thereby breaking the Flash functionality in Poser, resulting in the program crashing on startup. The engineers are looking into this Microsoft update to see what can be done about it, but in the meanwhile you would need to uninstall the KB3132372 update if you wish to keep using Poser. If you wish to keep your system secure even without that update, then this Microsoft article talks about what you can do to achieve the same security without having KB3132372 installed. However, since this is an automatic Microsoft update, chances are it will automatically reinstall itself again in the near future.

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/2755801

Gordon

bevans84 ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 8:09 AM

You can temporarily prevent updates from reinstalling (until the next update of that update)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 12:20 PM

Okay, dumb question. How do I roll back this last crap update for Windoesn't 10?

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2016 at 1:17 PM

from howtogeek.com

Uninstall an Update

The option to uninstall Windows Updates (not driver updates) is buried in the Settings app. Open Settings and navigate to Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced options > View your update history. You’ll see a link reading “Uninstall updates” at the top of the update history list.

(In the Windows Insider Preview, there was also a link here for uninstalling the latest build. If Microsoft rolls out a big update to Windows 10 as a “build” again, you might see a link right under “Uninstall updates” for rolling back to an earlier build.)

This link takes you to the “Uninstall an update” dialog, where you can uninstall an individual Windows Update if it’s causing problems on your system.

Disable Automatic Download of Drivers from Windows Update

There’s still a “Never install driver software from Windows Update” option in the final version of Windows 10, buried in the old Control Panel.

Different people report different luck with this option. Some people report that it prevents Windows from overwriting their custom-installed drivers, while others report that Windows continues downloading drivers even after this option is selected. If Windows keeps replacing your own drivers with its own, be sure to try this option.

Depending on how the driver is being installed, it may arrive as an update from Windows Update afterwards. Use the tool below to disable the driver update if this doesn’t help.

To access this option, open the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Control Panel. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings. Click the Hardware tab, click Device Installation Settings, and select the “No, let me choose what to do option. Select “Never install driver software from Windows Update.”

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2016 at 2:01 PM

Thanks, so much. With Windows, I knew it would be intuitive.... not.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2016 at 3:22 PM

the new poser doesnt use flash? read that somewhere

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2016 at 4:07 PM

Poser 11 is working with the new Windows update. Not that that's a great consolation 'cuz Poser 11 has a lot of issues, especially with DSON importer...

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2016 at 6:53 AM

For solution, please read this post. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2897897

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.