Wed, Sep 18, 11:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser pro 14 crashing durong launch

Varnayrah ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 11:46 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:13 AM
Online Now!

Can please someone help me? Since 2 days poser pro 14 (and poser 10) is crashing during launching the program. Event report states the faulty module is KernelBase.dll. I've tried a few things to fix this (re-installed poser after deleting every poser-related file from app datas, tried to repair the .dll via sfc scannow, cleaned up thje registry) I'm running windows 10. Any ideas anyone? Did anyone have the same problem?

xil ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 11:49 AM

Same boat, it was fine, then it was not. My crash is after the start screen with the completely useless error of "Poser executable is not working" with all the usual tricks for that not working (reinstall, run as admin, delete prefs).
My system is recently restored, Poser pro 2014 is pretty much the only application reinstalled so far, it worked 3 days ago.

xil ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 11:56 AM

Vanayrah, there is another thread further down, un-install update KB3132372 for windows and reboot, should be golden

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 11:59 AM · edited Fri, 01 January 2016 at 12:00 PM

another thread in here about this but it seems the culprit is windows security update KB3132372 which installed auto on the 29 dec is causing this did the same thing to poser 10 on my machine i just uninstalled the security up date and poser is working fine now

Varnayrah ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 2:24 PM
Online Now!

Thank you very much, that saved me^^

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 2:58 PM

Trouble is the other thread states the Windows 10 just puts the update straight back again. I hope they are wrong that the problem is indeed sorted.

The enforced updates is one of the reasons I did not update to Windows 10, even for free.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2016 at 8:30 PM · edited Fri, 01 January 2016 at 8:30 PM
Forum Moderator

So you all know Smith Micro is in contact with Microsoft on this issue. This is a security patch so if you do remove the patch you need to increase your internet security os require that scripts ask permission before running. That or don't use IE to browse the web.

If you have Poser Pro 2014 you can switch to the external library. It does not use Flash so it will run. To do this you will have to edit the Poser INI file (Poser Prefs on Mac). Edit the INI file with a text editor (notepad). Don't use Word. This trick only works for Poser Pro. Poser's ini file lives here:

Windows %AppData%RoamingPoser Pro. Mac HD > Users > (username) > Library > Application Support > Poser Pro > 10

Look for a line:

LIBRARY_IS_AIR 0

Change it to:

LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1

Save the file

Once again we're working with MS for a fix.

Varnayrah ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2016 at 1:44 AM
Online Now!

Thank you. But I never use IE to browse the web.

GhostWulf ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2016 at 4:53 AM

I found the same problem with Poser 9, I had suspected the recent flash update as it was working fine before that.

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2016 at 12:28 PM

The timing with the Flash update is suspicious

Gordon

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2016 at 12:18 AM · edited Mon, 04 January 2016 at 12:19 AM

nerd posted at 12:16AM Mon, 04 January 2016 - #4246844

... This trick only works for Poser Pro. Poser's ini file lives here: Windows %AppData%RoamingPoser Pro. Mac HD > Users > (username) > Library > Application Support > Poser Pro > 10 ...

I have plain Poser 10, not a pro version.

See the message at this link .

Agent0013 ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2016 at 12:43 AM

I need full instructions on how to uninstall the culprit Windows 10 Security update, and how to keep it from reinstalling. My Poser 10 is not able to open past the intro screen, and I get that Poser EXE File Error message. I've read several posts naming the file and telling me to uninstall it, and in another thread here I read that to keep it from reinstalling I need to get something from Microsoft that lets you hide an update so it won't reinstall. No one is posting step by step instructions on this, and I cannot find the place where the uninstalling can be done.

I just got Windows 10 less than a month ago, and I'm still trying to learn my way around. Some of it is really confusing to me! Now Poser 10 gets disabled by a security update for Windows 10? I have not yet learned much in Poser!

Gort ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2016 at 6:25 AM

"full instructions on how to uninstall the culprit Windows 10 Security update" Go to start menu. Choose Settings. Choose Update and security. Choose Advanced Options. Choose View Update History. Choose uninstall updates. A list of updates will appear: Find KB3132372... easiest to find by date (Dec 29 to present, depending on whether your machine was on or not) Select the update and click uninstall. It will ask if you are sure, and you are.

Note: not a perfect fix. Windows 10 will try to reinstall it PDQ. See this thread :"Sticky: Latest WIN 10 update (KB3132372) prevents poser 10 from working, 2016 Jan 02 6:12 am" : See entry from EAQS on how to hide the update.

Be aware that this is still not a perfect solution: once the update is hidden, Windows 10 may continue to periodically reboot to attempt reinstall (if computer is left inactive for any length of time) . Never get up without saving your work. It's a pain. If anyone out there knows how to fix this second problem, Please let us know.

Wish I knew more...

Agent0013 ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2016 at 11:22 AM

Gort posted at 12:17PM Mon, 04 January 2016 - #4247138

"full instructions on how to uninstall the culprit Windows 10 Security update" Go to start menu. Choose Settings. Choose Update and security. Choose Advanced Options. Choose View Update History. Choose uninstall updates. A list of updates will appear: Find KB3132372... easiest to find by date (Dec 29 to present, depending on whether your machine was on or not) Select the update and click uninstall. It will ask if you are sure, and you are.

Note: not a perfect fix. Windows 10 will try to reinstall it PDQ. See this thread :"Sticky: Latest WIN 10 update (KB3132372) prevents poser 10 from working, 2016 Jan 02 6:12 am" : See entry from EAQS on how to hide the update.

Be aware that this is still not a perfect solution: once the update is hidden, Windows 10 may continue to periodically reboot to attempt reinstall (if computer is left inactive for any length of time) . Never get up without saving your work. It's a pain. If anyone out there knows how to fix this second problem, Please let us know.

Wish I knew more...

Much appreciated! I have only had Windows 10 for a couple of weeks yet, and I'm still learning my way around it. So much that I had setup in Windows 7 was changed when I got Windows 10, that I'm having to go around my elbow to get to my thumb to find them. Although I like Windows 10 so far, it is putting a slowdown on my work flow!

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2016 at 6:34 AM
darknewt ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2016 at 7:58 PM

It is my understanding that Microsoft put out a new update. If you have auto-update turned on it should automatically install the new update. After the update is applied Poser pro 2014 and poser 10 should work (they now work on my windows 10 box). If you do not have auto-update turned on you can go to settings and force windows to check for updates. I hope this helps.

flibbits ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2016 at 10:58 PM

I'm on Win 8.1. I have occasional crash as open errors and occasional error stating poser has run out of memory when trying to load scenes that usually load.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2016 at 11:57 PM · edited Wed, 06 January 2016 at 11:59 PM

Just now I told my WIndows 10 Home to check for needed new updates, and it said that I was up to date in updates, and I closed down and restarted, and my Poser 10 still crashes on starting as before.

A message by Agent0013 posted at 12:54PM Wed, 06 January 2016 near the end of this thread: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2897959#msg4247183 says that I need a new version of Adobe. Please how do I upload and install that new Adobe patch? Is it available yet?

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 12:09 AM · edited Thu, 07 January 2016 at 12:15 AM

Adobe's home page says that Adobe have a USA website and a UK website. Have they kept both websites (including all downloadables) in step with each other?

Adobe issue much software. Exactly which of their software items would I have to upload and install here?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 1:51 AM

After the automatic installation of Microsoft's Bugfix tonight, Poser Pro GameDev is working again and Poser Pro 11 is still working.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 4:50 AM · edited Thu, 07 January 2016 at 4:52 AM

But my Poser 10 is still not working, but crashes on start as before.

Windows Update says that I am up to date with Windows updates.

How can I update my Adobe to the latest version, as described above?

Re "tonight" above, I am in England and my time is Greenwich Mean Time.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 6:18 AM

For me it's GMT +1

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

timeswimmer ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2017 at 3:52 PM

Hope I'm on the right page in the Foreum for this...I experiencing Poser 11 crashing while rendering any file...and it always crashes at frame 102. Any one ever have this problem?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.