Wed, Sep 4, 10:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bi-Monthly Challenges

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 5:25 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Greetings Fellow Brycers!

Sometime ago we used to have a bi-monthly Bryce Challenge in which members created a render in Bryce (obviously) to a specific theme or subject.

I have been asked to test the waters to see if there is any interest among you to begin taking up these challenges once more.

Please let's have your thoughts here. We'd love to hear them and of course any suggestions you may have!

Wishing you all a great new year!

The Bryster

Forum Moderator.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

PoserUserFromRussia ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2016 at 10:00 PM

Bryce Water Animation Test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoYiIAIjMNI

Mysteral ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 3:22 AM

I would love to see the bi-monthly challenges back, assuming Bryce still runs on my computer. I've not used Bryce since they ended. Of all the 3D software I've tried, and not being a real artist, Bryce was always the easiest, I found, to use.

As a writer, I control the lives of millions. Whole worlds can be destroyed by typing the correct sequence of letters on my keyboard.

Robert A. Read

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 8:39 AM

I wouldn't mind having a go at this again - if I can get my poor old brain to come up with something. Lol!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 10:34 AM
Forum Moderator

PoserUserFromRussia: Not quite what I meant by 'testing the waters'........LOL

Mysteral: Bryce 7 runs on my latest machine with Windoze 7 no problems. I'm not sure how it goes with Win10 though.

Thanks for the responses so far. Any thoughts on a theme anyone?

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

BecSchm ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 10:56 AM

Hi all - Long-time mostly lurker here. Bryce runs fine on Windows 10. I would probably be using it more if I wasn't wasting all my time on social media!

goofygrape ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 5:48 PM

yes by all mean's works fine on win 10 ready set go

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2016 at 7:26 PM

TheBryster posted at 1:23AM Sat, 16 January 2016 - #4249281

PoserUserFromRussia: Not quite what I meant by 'testing the waters'........LOL

Mysteral: Bryce 7 runs on my latest machine with Windoze 7 no problems. I'm not sure how it goes with Win10 though.

Thanks for the responses so far. Any thoughts on a theme anyone?

It works fine on Win10 - one of the few things I didn't have to struggle with when my husband urged me to 'upgrade' from win 7 to win10... just when I'd settled into win7 as well! Dunno about a theme, it needs to be something simple but not confiningly specific, I think.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2016 at 7:52 AM

We have a very successful Bi-Monthly contest already going on over the road at Daz. We would love to see more people come over and Join in that one.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

adbc ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2016 at 2:56 AM

That seems a good idea to me. It certainly would motivate me to do more learning and working with Bryce !

voske ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2016 at 12:24 PM

I want to try it but whether it succeeds is another matter

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2016 at 4:51 PM

I'm so glad you guys are interested! Please do decide on a theme! Sounds like fun!

😉

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2016 at 3:53 PM

Hey folks-

Have you had a chance to decide on a theme yet? TheBryster and I are looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

😁

Hope Kumor

PoserUserFromRussia ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2016 at 5:45 AM

For TheBryster: OK! Next time you write your messages more accurately. Visitors from around the world read your messages via a translator at Google. It translates literally. :-)

Mysteral ( ) posted Wed, 03 February 2016 at 11:05 AM

As no one has made a suggestion on a theme, and with reference to TheBryster's misinterpreted comment about testing waters, could I suggest a water-based theme or something connected with water?

As a writer, I control the lives of millions. Whole worlds can be destroyed by typing the correct sequence of letters on my keyboard.

Robert A. Read

PoserUserFromRussia ( ) posted Wed, 03 February 2016 at 12:10 PM

I work in Bryce from 1998, and I am using Bryce to create an animated movies. This program has a lot of drawbacks to fine-tune the trajectory of moving objects. But I think that no one can not help me in this. DAZ tossed the Bryce update again and we have the program with very old features. It's very sad. :-(

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 03 February 2016 at 4:37 PM

Mysteral posted at 4:37PM Wed, 03 February 2016 - #4252939

As no one has made a suggestion on a theme, and with reference to TheBryster's misinterpreted comment about testing waters, could I suggest a water-based theme or something connected with water?

I love that theme! Let's settle on it! For all those in favor, please say "I!"

Hope Kumor

StuartB ( ) posted Wed, 03 February 2016 at 7:15 PM

I! :)

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 03 February 2016 at 8:48 PM
Forum Moderator

Why did I not get any e-bots for this?

BTW sorry about the Russian translation. I'll speak with Google.

Ok, looks like we have some kind of a theme.......Let's make it official.

In any version of Bryce, create a render depicting a scene based on the idea of a lake. This could include mountains, forests, islands and water craft, but first and foremost it must be a lake.

I'll create a thread for you to post your entries in shortly. Have fun with this and enjoy!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.