Tue, Oct 22, 1:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: DS9 finale

snakepit ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 8:55 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:52 PM

file_117955.jpg

How I thought it should end. Just playing with Dave Charnow's DS9 & Defiant, Mad-bios' portal and Menno's fire material.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 1999 at 9:09 PM

DAMN! If this version of the Defiant is Poser freindly, let me know where to get it... And you really do know how it should have ended... the Borg are a hell of a lot tougher than the Federation. But at least the Federation has 7... and she's nothing to sneeze @!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 12:57 AM

Ikyoto, then I have just the site for you.... http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/1210/meshes2.htm This person has the largest set of Star Trek models (the GOOD ONES) and most of them, if not all, can be imported into poser!! Hope this helps Jack

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 12:58 AM

By the way, Snakepit, very cool image, I particularly like the explosion on the Defiant!! Jack

snakepit ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 1:28 AM

That's where I got 'em! I did the cubes. Jack, I was amazed by the explosion too. Menno's volumetric fire finally lets us BLOW THINGS UP and make it look gooood!! As alway the comments are appreciated and Ikyoto, don't get me started on Seven. I feel another image coming on.

SewerRat ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 4:04 AM

I've just watched the first six star trek movies (excluding the first one which I didn't know the name of) and was really surpised two days and five movies later, after having experienced my first dose of star trek, I'm tempted to spend my life savings hiring every video I can find grin but one question.....how can spock be half human? vulcans and humans come from different planets, and we can't even breed with other animals on our own planet! I wanna make a goat-person! (or maybe a rat-person?) SewerRat

LoboUK ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 4:30 AM

Yeah, ST is kinda insideous isn't it? I watched the original series waaaay back in the 70's when it was first aired here (and all the repeats). Then when Next Gen came out, I thought "naw, not as good as the original", but I kept right on watching.... :) That's one heck of a cool image. It always struck me as odd that the Borg, who've assimilated about 50% of the Delta Quadrant just can't get the job done when it comes to the Federation. Paul

Foxhollow ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 1999 at 7:54 AM

Oh NO. Snake!!!!! Please don't post another 7 image...I just managed to get some other work done after casting her aside again from my last frustration with her!! You'll drive me to go back and attack her nose AGAIN! heheh Foxhollow

snakepit ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 7:55 PM

In order: SewerRat, all humanoid species in Trek supposedly had a common ancestor a million years ago. So Spock might just be possible with genetic engineering. No chance of the good old fashioned way working.And the way real genetics is advancing a ratboy or girl (I hate PC ;)) is probably just around the corner. LoboUK, thanks! It is insidious--look how this is now the Trek Forum! Without getting into the zen of Trek, it helps to have the writers on your side. Foxhollow...get back to work! Check out my post today "How to relieve stress" (because I don't know how to put images into these replies)

WarriorDL ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 1999 at 8:21 PM

Since some Trek fans are coming out, then check out this Forum- http://www.scifi-art.com/ubb/Ultimate.cgi Sci Fi Arts. My main hang out. We even have a section on Poser there.

SewerRat ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 1999 at 4:19 AM

I'm proud! I know know who that female klingon character person is I know this is completely off-topic, but since they stoped naming the movies with numbers...what "new" star trek movies are there with pickard? I've seen first contact and generations, and I know insurrection is the latest one, are there any others? and what's the deal with the tv series, are they about the movie characters, or just unrelated stories in the same universe? SewerRat

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 2:55 AM

The only Next Gen movies (so far) are Encounter at Far Point (Series Pilot), First Contact, Generations, and Insurrection. And you've got it backwards, the films are about the series characters, stories in continuity in the same universe. DS9 (Deep Space Nine) is in it's last (7th?) series and there is, I believe, 1 more series of Voyager. What happens to the franchise after that I don't know Paul (Yeah, yeah, I'm a Treker - so sue me)

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 4:53 AM

Lobo so star trek Next Gen are stories about the enterprise, and DS9 and Voyager are other unrelated stories in the same universe? (sorry for being so ignorant about this) SewerRat

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 5:52 AM

DS9 and Voyager are sorta unrelated, in as much as they're not to do with the Enterprise and crew (although Worf from Next Gen is in DS9). The NextGen TV franchise has finished so any future adventures of Picard and co will be on the big screen. DS9 was the follow up to NextGen, and Voyager is the follow up to DS9. However, Voyager hasn't proved to be as popular a franchise as the studio hoped. I heard that the next series will be the last. The current series of DS9 is definately the last. And don't be sorry, be very afraid :) ST will assimilate you if you let it. Paul

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 5:57 AM

haha yes, seeing how many star trek videos they have at my store I'm very afraid even with the weekly deal of five videos for $5 it's still enough to send me broke SewerRat

WarriorDL ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 2:02 PM

In order of series and movies- The original Star Trek series with Kirk and crew, aboard the original Enterprise, was in the 60's (and a cartoon series in the 70's). The series became movies in 79. Then in 86-7, Star Trek- The Next Generation with Picard and crew came about, with the Enterprise D, a Galaxy Class ship. After Star Trek 6, the last movie for the original cast, TNG was it on TV. Then they ended and started their own movie line, with Generations as the first. Just before TNG went off the air, DS9 started up, taking place on the outer edge of Federation space on an old Cardassian space station called Terok Nor by the Cardassians and Deep Space Nine by the Federation. Sisko, the Cpatain (Commander when it started), discovered a stable wormhole there, so the station was moved near the wormhole. Then Paramount started their own network in Jan 95, with Voyger as the flag show.

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 1999 at 9:57 PM

cool thanks =) my video store seems to have pretty much everything in order on the shelves so I can start at the bottom and work my way up :) TNG videos, they seem to have released two versions of it, with the episodes slightly out of synch, how strange. I've got five TNG videos upstairs waiting for me, just finished watching insurrection. Dear god I'm turning into a trekkie! SewerRat

snakepit ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 1999 at 1:44 AM

There's no hope for you now, SR.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.