Sun, Oct 6, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bi-Monthly Challenge - THE LAKE - Entry Page

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 03 February 2016 at 8:50 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:14 AM
Forum Moderator

In any version of Bryce, create a render depicting a scene based on the idea of a lake. This could include mountains, forests, islands and water craft, but first and foremost there must be a lake.

Please post your FINISHED renders here!

Good luck everybody!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 10:08 AM

Would anyone like to participate in this challenge? You all seemed SO excited when Bryster brought this up about a week ago...

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 12:41 AM
Forum Moderator

@Hope. It will take time for members to render their entries. I wouldn't expect to see anything here for at least another week. Challenges usually last a month.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

adbc ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 7:40 AM

Someone has to be the first, so I'll take my chance Title : The Lake

The Lake.jpg

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 9:16 AM

Wow - beautiful!!!!!!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

adbc ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 7:14 AM

@Hope : thanks.

Mysteral ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 4:01 AM

When is the closing date for this challenge?

As a writer, I control the lives of millions. Whole worlds can be destroyed by typing the correct sequence of letters on my keyboard.

Robert A. Read

Sockratease ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 5:22 AM

Well, may as well post this here. It wasn't made specifically for this challenge but it's a lake!

moo-splash.jpg

Thee splash is a fractal obj file made in Incendia, and the ripples were added in post work, but the cow climbed, and jumped from, the tree while still in Bryce!

I don't usually use Bryce much, but saw this challenge and thought it needed a cow.

Every challenge needs a cow!

MOO!

Look For Silly Art on Sockratease.com!

Free Fractal obj Files!

kanaa ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2016 at 4:54 AM

Here is one I made some time ago. Summer and winter in one! Bryce Clipper by Jed Windells, gas giant textures by Roy Rudder. Sunset II.JPG

Bryce7 render

My store: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=410087

Mysteral ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2016 at 3:37 PM

Lake01.jpg

Everything done in Bryce apart from the owl which was cut from a royalty free photo from Pixabay and imported to Bryce as a 2D picture object. No post work.

As a writer, I control the lives of millions. Whole worlds can be destroyed by typing the correct sequence of letters on my keyboard.

Robert A. Read

Sockratease ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 4:21 PM

Weird. The image I posted a few posts up isn't showing anymore.

I'm not sure if it's a localized-to-my-'puter issue, or something else. So I'll post it again and if it's showing in both posts for everyone else then mods may feel free to delete whichever one they please.

Here's what I posted, in case that post gets deleted:

Sockratease posted at 4:15PM Wed, 24 February 2016 - #4255713

Well, may as well post this here. It wasn't made specifically for this challenge but it's a lake!

moo-splash.jpg

The splash is a fractal obj file made in Incendia, and the ripples were added in post work, but the cow climbed, and jumped from, the tree while still in Bryce!

I don't usually use Bryce much, but saw this challenge and thought it needed a cow.

Every challenge needs a cow!

MOO!

And the mysteriously vanishing image:

moo-splash.jpg

Free Fractal obj Files!

Mysteral ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:14 PM

@ Sockratease: I noticed your image had disappeared several days ago, and wondered if you deleted it. The new copy displays OK but not the original.

Robert A. Read

Sockratease ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 6:56 PM

Thanks for confirming it's not just me. I'm an old hippy and strange things happen to me entirely too often!

Guess it's another of those Gremmylins and their dia-bo-lickal sab-a-toogie!

Free Fractal obj Files!

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 8:29 PM
Forum Moderator

So happy to see these entries! We'll close this out at the end of the month and have some kind of vote.

Many thanks for the entries so far!

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 12:11 PM

Just dug this up from 2009, thought I'd stick it in here.river2 copy.jpg

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

vangogh ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 6:57 PM

Help. I want to upload an image but how? I see a picture button below but nothing happens when I click on it. Also there is a select image link but the same result. Nothing.

Sockratease ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 2:58 AM ยท edited Tue, 01 March 2016 at 2:59 AM

vangogh posted at 2:45AM Tue, 01 March 2016 - #4258377

Help. I want to upload an image but how? I see a picture button below but nothing happens when I click on it. Also there is a select image link but the same result. Nothing.

I'll give it a quick test with a cow picture run through a fractal generator, to see if it works from here (not an entry - it's not from Bryce, nor does it have a lake!) (but the only way to confirm vangogh's problem)

cf.jpg

Looks to be working from here. I just clicked the picture icon and an upload dialogue opened.

Could you be running a script blocker?

Maybe an outdated browser?

Have you tried from another browser or another computer?

Those are the first checks to run. If those fail, ummm... Moo?

Free Fractal obj Files!

vangogh ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 11:22 AM

@ Sockratease. Thanks for the advise. I think I have the problem figured out. Its an outdated browser on my home computer. I tried on my computer here at work which is running a newer browser and it worked fine. Guess I missed the deadline to post my entry now that its march, but maybe next challenge.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 5:50 PM
Forum Moderator

Last call for entries!!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2016 at 12:19 PM
Forum Moderator

OK I'm closing the thread. Look out for a voting thread which I'll post now.

All you have to do is tell me which entry you all prefer - no self voting please - and we'll add up the votes and declare a winner!!

Good luck everybody who entered.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.