Tue, Oct 22, 2:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: G3F clothing converter?

Joeblogg0 ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 5:50 PM · edited Wed, 16 October 2024 at 6:14 AM

Is there a way to get G3F clothing onto V4 or TY2? I have Wardrobe Wizard 2, but as far as I can tell it won't work since WW2 will only detect ".cr2" files, not ".duf"

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 6:56 PM

You could commission PhilC to create an add on for G3F for WW. I haven't paid much attention to the add on products for G3 so I don't know if anyone has created a V4 clone for G3F. I'm sure if you ask over at the DAZ forums, they can point you to the right threads on creating various clones for the different figures. You would need to have DS installed. Once you have the V4 clone (if there isn't one already), you should be able to fit the clothing to the V4 clone and use the export functions to export the obj and the cr2 for the clothing item. The cr2 export function in DS isn't the best. DAZ pretty much stopped doing anything with once they created the DSON importer. There is an older tutorial over at DAZ that walks you through the process of getting Genesis into Poser via the cr2 exporter (this was before DSON). It has some helper scripts included.

Banpei ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 10:52 PM

Hm alright. Damn I was hoping there was some plugin for WW2 I wasn't aware of. Thanks tho!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 7:49 AM

PhilC has not released any support for the Genesis/Genesis 2 figures at all. Even if you succeed importing G3F into Poser, you will be resigned to using blank stares in your renders; the extra facial bones packaged with G3F do not work in Poser.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 8:24 AM

Phil does have a plugin for Genesis 1, (I don't own it) but I've not seen one for Genesis 2 nor 3...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 10:48 AM

Each time I have asked I have been given to understand that the Genesis 2 figure uses the same geometry as Genesis 1. Therefore the Wardrobe Wizard support files for 1 will be good for 2.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 11:19 AM

While the meshes are similar, they are not identical in geometry nor in shape. Genesis 1 (19592 polys,21332 verts) with the female shape dialed in on the left, Genesis 2 ( 21818 polys, 23480 verts) on the right...

Genesis 1 2 comparisoncrop.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 9:00 AM

I've tried using the Genesis add on for WW2 (both the plugin and stand alone versions rather than the one that comes with Poser) without much success. I even tried using the G2F mesh in place of the Genesis obj in the directions. The conversions were so so at best so I just gave up on the idea. G2 and G3 may have origins in the Genesis mesh but they are not the same. It's like saying just because the Hivewire Horse and Dawn have origins the same mesh, Harry can wear Dawn's clothing.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2016 at 11:14 PM

If you're willing to use DAZ|Studio, you may be able to use that to convert the clothing. There's highly likely to be a tutorial on YouTube on how to do it (check SickleYield's channel - she has several great tutorials for intermediate/advanced DAZ|Studio operations).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.