Mon, Sep 9, 6:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Friendly Request to Gallery image creators ...

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 2:36 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:27 AM

Hi everybody,

This is just a request as it is not a requirement. If you could credit the vendors from our Marketplace in your images it would be greatly appreciated. The vendors like to see their products being used and we are considering creating contests to encourage crediting images. Stay tuned for this future possibility. Keep in mind that as I said the vendors see the images that are credited and I personally like to see them comment and many do. It's another view for your hard work ... and a kudo for theirs.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Maxidyne ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 3:19 PM

Hi Boni, I always try to credit the vendors here on my images but given the rules about links is it ok to mention the products used from other sites. I don't mean links but just a mention. I credit the vendors on this site when I post elsewhere so it only seems right to do so here. Thanks, Mike.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 3:39 PM

Frankly, I do the same thing ... just as a list. I did that before there was a way to credit vendors here. I listed from where the item came from.

Boni

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 4:50 PM

I try to identify every piece I use, whether a purchased product or a freebie as I know I couldn't compose what I do without the offerings by content creators. As such, it tends to look like a set of movie credits. (I'm occasionally tempted to slip in something like "catering by..." just to see if someone might catch it.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 5:16 PM

You guys are the best!!

Boni

Maxidyne ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 5:24 PM

Thanks Boni, just wanted to be sure :-) To be honest Bill there are so few objects in my images that crediting is fairly easy.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 29 February 2016 at 9:15 PM

Yup, I do that.

Eternal Hobbyist

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 2:53 AM · edited Tue, 01 March 2016 at 2:54 AM

• This is also good for when someone views a gallery image and wonders what products were used to make it. It isn't fun sending a pm that may never get answered.

• It would also be nice if vendors themselves would do this. Even if I'm interested in your product, I'm likely to get annoyed and not buy a product if there's an interesting-looking item in the promo that isn't part of the product and isn't credited.

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 4:31 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I don't know if vendors are allowed to list products from competing stores that might be used in their promo images so it's only for Rosity products that they can link to. I've found most vendors very gracious though when I've asked them for more information about something they've used. I usually try to credit items but sometimes I don't remember the exact store name for the product and if I can't find it in the vendor's list of products I usually give up. :)

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 6:37 PM

Whenever I upload an Image I always credit the content creators who made my image possible. My way of saying thanks. My work wouldn't be possible without theirs, so I feel it's only right to give credit where it's due.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 7:37 PM

Kalypso posted at 5:31PM Tue, 01 March 2016 - #4258438

I don't know if vendors are allowed to list products from competing stores that might be used in their promo images so it's only for Rosity products that they can link to. I've found most vendors very gracious though when I've asked them for more information about something they've used. I usually try to credit items but sometimes I don't remember the exact store name for the product and if I can't find it in the vendor's list of products I usually give up. :)

To be honest. The vendors have no right to be annoyed. We've already paid of the products we used. It is our right to use what ever products we choose in our renders, whether from this site or a competing site. If I cannot credit products from vendors from competing sites, then I should not credit products from this site. We as paying customers should not have a 'double standard'. This is called 'creative freedom' The Renderosity rules is setting a double standard, therefore I will not entertain this request.

JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

shvrdavid ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 9:31 PM

This has always been a touchy subject.

There is a flip side to this as well.

Nothing in this image is available in the market place here. V7 Iray.jpg

Is it ok to mention that?

It is normal not to link offsite, but nothing is stopping you from mentioning it in the description...

Give Boni a break, all she did was ask......

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 1:23 AM

I always credit all vendors or creators in my gallery posts. If they are rendo vendors, I use the widget; if not, I mention them in the description. This is just fair practice to acknowledge the creative input other than my own. Full credit and referencing is a part of my education in research in my earlier life. I am sorry if this upsets some people.

Eternal Hobbyist

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 2:18 PM

When I had a gallery here I always gave credit to the vendor, well except the time that a site upgrade meant I could not credit anyone if I used a certain browser. I would also mention if I had made major changes to the item, for my own use only of course, as I did not want someone buying it thinking a particular texture or feature was included when it was not.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 4:18 PM
Online Now!

mmmm interesting idea. I can understand why you feel this is a good idea. its advertising for this sites store "look at this. you can buy it here" so long as its this site. but the bottom line is, I have given credits to the vendors in the form of payment for their products. If I was to credit every vendor I used, the list would be long in some images and very long in others. plus, some of the stuff I have is years old and I can no longer remember where it came from let alone who made it also some products need so much work to/on them make them usable I don't think they should get credit.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 4:52 PM

Guys, it's not the vendors asking for this. It's just a feature of the gallery that benefits other members who might want to know where they can find what was used and it benefits this community as a whole. I bought the kinky bodysuit after seeing it in a render and the link to the item was there in the credits. As for other items, you can credit in this way:

xxx from RDNA

xx from Hivewire

etc. Just don't add the live link or the .com after.

And its not a requirement, just a suggestion that would be nice to see more often.

gate ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 4:54 PM

I think anyone should do the way he feels , Personally I would not do it as I removed every render since 2002 in here just because I gave credit for my own creations signing the Renders and had to remove them cause of TOS violations. so why should another site allow adds of Rendo if here it is not allowed in first place. I even removed on all my sites the adds for Renderosity because of that issue. to make advertisements here you need to pay allot of money , compared to older times when it was possible to add friends links at renderosity. I barely use stuff I ever bought just because of the issue that at the end no matter how much work the render caused you never done anything to get the image , People think , Pff it is just a cheap copy , adding credits makes it even worse for an artist. already if you use a Background of something you find in the net people will point fingers at you screaming you stole an idea. such a way just ends up that Costumers Buy , work hours to get a render all free then also start to make free advertisements , all the work just to Promote others!

so Sorry on my side it is a no go until renderosity gets a little more flexible and like it was already said no double standards.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 4:54 PM

I always* credit freestuff makers, rarely vendors. As stated by others above, the vendors have had our cash, that should be enough. I say this as a once (and future) vendor meself.

*As far as I can remember.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

JVRenderer ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2016 at 12:28 AM · edited Thu, 03 March 2016 at 12:33 AM

Kendra posted at 10:21PM Wed, 02 March 2016 - #4258934

Guys, it's not the vendors asking for this. It's just a feature of the gallery that benefits other members who might want to know where they can find what was used and it benefits this community as a whole. I bought the kinky bodysuit after seeing it in a render and the link to the item was there in the credits. As for other items, you can credit in this way:

xxx from RDNA

xx from Hivewire

etc. Just don't add the live link or the .com after.

And its not a requirement, just a suggestion that would be nice to see more often

In the 14 yrs I've been posting images here, I've always credited vendors and freebies makers. Your suggestion may benefit this community as a whole, but this community is just a part of a larger community and that larger community is being left out. I just don't think it's fair for the "Poser/Daz" community that only the Renderosity vendors/freebie makers get an active link and others don't. I want to be fair to all contributors. So if others don't get a link. I will just mention :

xxx items from Renderosity yyy items from Daz Freebies from Sharecg

so non will get links. Like I said, no double standards anymore. I think that's fair. And like you said, it is not a requirement

If the members still want links, they could pm me.

JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2016 at 2:40 PM

JVRenderer posted at 12:38PM Fri, 04 March 2016 - #4258994

In the 14 yrs I've been posting images here, I've always credited vendors and freebies makers. Your suggestion may benefit this community as a whole, but this community is just a part of a larger community and that larger community is being left out. I just don't think it's fair for the "Poser/Daz" community that only the Renderosity vendors/freebie makers get an active link and others don't. I want to be fair to all contributors. So if others don't get a link. I will just mention :

xxx items from Renderosity yyy items from Daz Freebies from Sharecg

so non will get links. Like I said, no double standards anymore. I think that's fair. And like you said, it is not a requirement

If the members still want links, they could pm me.

JV

And that's ok too. I'm hoping the other stuff will sort itself out soon but as Boni said, it's just a friendly reminder, not a requirement. :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2016 at 12:55 PM

is there a gallery for mp4 clips?

i'm using fastfood by cypertenko, would add a vendor credit

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.