Sun, Oct 6, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Preview only light.

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 4:28 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:28 AM

I feel silly. I asked this before and cannot find the thread where the proper node was illustrated. Well, perhaps the answer could help some one else as well.

I use to be able to use object-based lights only in a scene and to avoid a 'black" scene in preview added a standard light and in the mat room set the diffuse and specular to black. That worked in PP 2014. Not in PP11 with Superfly. There is an added node I need to add to the light and I don't recall what the node is. An illustration would be greatly appreciated.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 5:01 PM

I use 'em all the time. Set up the lights you want to use as preview, then in the Material Room, set Diffuse and Specular colours to Black.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 5:02 PM

Oh sorry, didn't read your post properly. I use them in Pro 2012. :(

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 5:06 PM

It's ok Sam, yeah, that's what I did in PP2014 too. It's a great deal in Firefly!

Boni

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 7:57 PM
Site Admin

For superfly, plug a black color node into the same places you'd make black in firefly. And IIRC you can use the same setup in firefly so you don't need 2 shaders for your lights.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2016 at 11:32 PM

Thanx I thought I did that but I must have had the wrong node I try again in the morning.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2016 at 6:29 AM ยท edited Mon, 04 April 2016 at 6:34 AM

Hmmm. since there is no simple "color" node. I've tried math_color and every color node in cycles and NONE have worked. It was suggested that I use a diffuse IBL light since Superfly doesn't use that light at all, but it doesn't show shadows and makes it hard for item placement in scene. I just can't find the right node. Does anyone have a screenshot?

Thought I found in it cycles>input>color ... but that didn't work either. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It worked before.

Boni

raven ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2016 at 4:04 PM

invisble_light.jpg

Like this. Superfly render, the ball is the light source. The light is not lighting the scene in the render. Simple_Color node can be found in New Node>Math>simple_color

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2016 at 4:28 AM

Neat trick !!

I'm fighting since months now with my total black preview, turning on and off lights between scene placing and rendering. You made my day, thank you :)

My Store

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2016 at 6:34 AM

๐Ÿ‘

Boni

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.