Mon, Oct 21, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Poser 11 DSON importer "pose" problem

dante ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 5:10 PM · edited Tue, 15 October 2024 at 2:39 PM

Hi guys... Having a problem (don't you all) with DSON and poser 11 pro. I import a genesis figure into the scene (Lee 6) and assign it a pair of pants. I then select the figure genesis 2>body and apply a pose to it. Only the torso and arms will pose, the pants go all weird and the legs remain in the previous pose...any ideas of what may be causing this? Thanks.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 5:50 PM

Known issue that G2 will not pose with clothing in the scene. Pose G2 first, then apply the clothing to the scene. That will work.

dante ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 6:43 PM

Thanks hborre...but if i remember correctly this didn't happen in poser 2014 pro...i may reinstall it...

willdial ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 8:05 PM

Going to have to disagree. I have been able to pose Gen2F in Poser 11 pro when she has clothes and hair. In Poser Pro 2014, there were some poses that didn't work unless I selected the Body of the Gen2 figure.

dante ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 8:55 PM

Well I can't make it work in poser 11 anyhow...unless I add the clothes on a pose by pose basis...that is not exactly much practical is it?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 9:08 PM

Actually, you should pose the figure unclothed first. Following this workflow should minimize poke through for a better fit. Posing a clothed G2F works flawlessly for me in PP2014 but not so well in Poser 11 Pro. I do have Poser CF G2F in a separate runtime apart from the DAZ Content version; I wonder if that may be the source of the problem.

willdial ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 9:25 PM

hborre posted at 7:19PM Fri, 29 April 2016 - #4267390

Actually, you should pose the figure unclothed first. Following this workflow should minimize poke through for a better fit. Posing a clothed G2F works flawlessly for me in PP2014 but not so well in Poser 11 Pro. I do have Poser CF G2F in a separate runtime apart from the DAZ Content version; I wonder if that may be the source of the problem.

That could be. When the DSON importer first came out, buried in the documentation stated that the Poser companion files needed to be in the same runtime/content as the DUF/DSF files.

Also, could it be the version of DSON Importer itself? To eliminate mesh problems, my Poser 11 use DSON version 1.1.3.49

dante ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 6:07 AM

I actually have two folders...one for Daz with it's content, and another separate runtime only for the companion files...could this be the problem?

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 8:04 AM

dante posted at 5:58AM Sat, 30 April 2016 - #4267417

I actually have two folders...one for Daz with it's content, and another separate runtime only for the companion files...could this be the problem?

Likely. You can create a runtime for each character. They would contain the Daz content and the poser companion files. You can be lazy like me and put everything into one Runtime.

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 9:00 AM

Update. I was able to get the error. But only with certain clothing. I got the error with Kaleya's Flirty set but not with OOT's Natasha's Lingerie.

But, If I save the scene, close Poser 11, and then reopen the file. The poses work fine. Also, If I add more clothes on the reopened file. The poses still work fine.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 9:22 AM

Good to know. It appears randomly depending on the clothing.

dante ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2016 at 11:07 AM

Will try some of the ideas presented...thank you fellas...

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2016 at 7:16 AM · edited Tue, 03 May 2016 at 7:16 AM

This might help...

I was having problems with some recently installed Genesis 2 presets and morphs not working, and I realized that folks have had similar issues with V4 and M4 when there were multiple installations. I hunted around my Library and found multiple DSON auto_adapted folders. While PP 2014 apparently doesn't mind, (the Library Search is set to Deep on both) it caused problems in Poser 11 Pro. Getting rid of the surplus ones by moving them to an unmapped folder solved the problem (I saved them in case I have a saved scene that might need something) The correct one is of course in the Writable Runtime in Scripts>DSON Support> Importer Preferences. If you have multiple versons of Poser, consolidate them to one location.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

dante ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2016 at 11:04 AM

Thanks WandW I'll try that...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.