Tue, Oct 1, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: ways of inputting numerical values into Carrara to do stuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 8:47 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:24 AM

I am always looking for ways to animate things especially to music.

Like the awesome animusic videos . So far the only ways I can do this easily in Carrara is-

to use a midi track or wav file and one of Jacques Casuals DS scripts to transform objects then convert and export it to Carrara.

Use Mimic plugin and create NLA tracks for various things and put them in the phonemes.

Use a music visualizer as a displacement map.

Using a Poser midi piano I have.

and using some of the above with Fenric's ERC plugin to drive other events.

i am aware of but do not understand the pycarrara midi plugin.

Have seen some of the stuff done using it.

What I really want is some way of entering a set of numerical values say an audacity spectrogram export to control things and am not sure how one can do this easily. or to plot stuff. I did after fluffing around in notepad+ create an obj file from one using the values for vertices, was a rather underwhelming 2D set of points in shape of the spectrogram I could only see in the vertex room. Was kinda hoping for a 3D plane at least. Carrara imports audio files but no way to use them to do anything but make noise sadly.

I am starting this thread for ideas and what others have tried.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 8:55 AM · edited Mon, 02 May 2016 at 8:58 AM

a simple displacement example using a visualizer and mimic morphs on objects

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 9:06 AM

as for pycarrara

if someone could explain in simple terms I can follow how to use it, it may well be the answer

Sadly I do not know the right questions even ? ? ?

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

DUDU.car ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 12:45 PM

Hi Wendy! I tested Pycarrara when Fractal Dimensia had carried us out Pyswarm (2 years ago?). I played with the presets to modify them with music and successfully. I do not remember any more if I had found a logical answer to various handling. I would like to still test it, but I don't manage any more to install Python 3.5 (it wants an update of Windows, and I don't want!). I sought after version 2.7, but it exists yet only for amd and does not install with pentium. It is sad that Frederic Ribble gave up this “plugin”, it was very promising. A good solution: the use of AE with Element3D, there is also a plugin Trapcode to animate with the music I think but, it is not the goal here and it's another story... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phm4v0x7b0U

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 1:40 PM

well that's a shame. I am still trying to find ways to at least get the movement of the midi piano keys to drive animation, cannot find a decent wav to midi converter either, while I use some midi most of my music is played live and wav files.

There are wav to midi converters I have an iPad app even but they are pretty crap.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

DUDU.car ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2016 at 2:25 PM

I realized a few years ago, credits of film with piano which played my musical composition (country style)… I had to create a morph for each note used and had to make animation “with the hand”! The result was excellent, but that took time!

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 4:29 AM

try this _ Baishampayan Ghose, Python hacker since 2004. 129.7k Views In my humble opinion, "Learn Python the Hard Way" by Zed Shaw is a fantastic way to learn Python. It has a bunch of brilliant exercises which teach the fundamentals of the language very well. Zed being a very accomplished programmer and writer himself has really nailed it. The book is also free (gratis). Highly recommended - http://learnpythonthehardway.org/

Also recommended "A Byte of Python" by User - http://www.swaroopch.com/notes/P... Written 4 Jan 2011 • View Upvotes_

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 4:30 AM · edited Sun, 12 June 2016 at 4:31 AM

links http://python.swaroopch.com/ <http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ >

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.