Thu, Sep 19, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Willing to give a few old projects for Free!

EarthCrone ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2016 at 9:50 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:33 PM

Anyone interested? One is for V4 when she first came out. And the other is an outfit for Sadie. They were build with Silo (yes I still prefer the simplicity of Silo). They are mappped, but not textured nor conforming.

I tend to be better builder than a creator of conforming clothes. Hate it. Iโ€™m sure no one enjoys it. But I do know that there are a lot of folks out there, that are better than I am.

Other than The Period Dress (what was I thinking when I named it that?). But when I created it I was just discovering Poser 4. And I thought. I wanted a gown that would look somewhat applicable for a specific period in history.

So, all starry eyed I asked, like so many do. How do you make clothing. This was at Renderosity at that time. Think my name was Wynter or something like that.

But I digress. Got a few replies pointing me to some tutorials. So I dived in. I had never done 3d. I didnโ€™t even know how to model a cube. That dress was created with RayDream.

Okay, enough of that. Iโ€™m including some pics.

If anyone is interested, Let me know. Point me to one of your product pages. Yes Iโ€™d like to see the kind of work you do.

All I as for for is Attribution and a trade of the product you create. Maybe some cookies too. If you are interested. Send a notification say โ€œI DO!โ€ And donโ€™t forget the link!

I will upload Tempest for Sadie for Free when I partition my drive. It wonโ€™t work in Windows 10.

Thatโ€™s if for now. Thanks, CT

V4 Dress by Catherine Todd.png

Sadie Outfit by Catherine Todd.png

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2016 at 11:10 PM

NOW I remember you! LOL. Yes, the Period dress...snapped that up right when it first came out all those years ago ;).

If you don't care much for conforming clothes, but like making clothes, why not try dynamics? No rigging required. It does require a different modeling approach than conformers do tho :). There's plenty of info about it around if you're interested. When I started making my first dynamic clothes, I tested every different thing in Poser I could think of every day for an entire month until I was satisfied with my results...lol.

Nice meshes btw...

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2016 at 11:17 PM

Strapless Dress.jpg

This was one of my first dynamic dresses...I hadn't been modeling very long either at the time ;).

Laurie

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 12:06 AM

Nice items.

Eternal Hobbyist

ย 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 2:45 PM ยท edited Wed, 25 May 2016 at 2:47 PM

Ahhhhhhh! Somebody chopped poor Sadie's head off! kyle.jpg

EarthCrone ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 2:50 PM

LoL about getting the dress. Luckily someone remapped it for me. Zygote was so friendly then. Held my hand from the first submission post. Lovely dresses you have there! Laurie A. Yeah, I did a couple of dynamic things back in the day. Thing is I don't like Daz Studio. Not anymore. And I don't care for Poser 10. Which is why I'll be partitioning my drive. So if I could do anything at all it will be with old versions of programs.

But the thing is I'm more interested creation art. Why I bought poser in the first place. But I might...

Thank you Infinity10. I appreciate that!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2016 at 8:34 PM

Hi Catherine. Good to see you around. I always liked your stuff.

EarthCrone ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2016 at 7:46 AM

LoL

EClark1894 posted at 7:46AM Fri, 27 May 2016 - #4270437

Ahhhhhhh! Somebody chopped poor Sadie's head off! kyle.jpg

EarthCrone ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2016 at 7:48 AM

Thank you, Ghost, nice to see you too. Been meaning to look you up to say hi. Have text files of who I should look up just for that reason!!!

Ghostofmacbeth posted at 7:47AM Fri, 27 May 2016 - #4270580

EarthCrone ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2016 at 7:58 AM

CatherineTodd posted at 7:56AM Fri, 27 May 2016 - #4270623 (Made that as a composite for another image- I'd upload to the gallery's here if they would enable a good drag and drop feature) /poke Renderosity

Thank you, Ghost, nice to see you too. Been meaning to look you up to say hi. Have text files of who I should look up just for that reason!!!

Ghostofmacbeth posted at 7:47AM Fri, 27 May 2016 - #4270580

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2016 at 8:31 PM

I've always loved Sadie and collected, converted or bought what I could for her. So let me say thank you in advance!

Thank you!

EarthCrone ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2016 at 6:08 AM

Thank you, I have always loved her too!

quietrob posted at 6:07AM Sat, 18 June 2016 - #4270767

I've always loved Sadie and collected, converted or bought what I could for her. So let me say thank you in advance!

Thank you!

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2016 at 11:24 AM

So how and when do we get the dresses or have they already been released and I missed it?

kittykat98 ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2016 at 12:40 PM ยท edited Sat, 18 June 2016 at 12:40 PM

LaurieA,

I love that dress you made. Is it for sale anywhere?

EarthCrone ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2016 at 8:43 AM

Hi LaurieA. Long time no see. :)

As to both of the questions above. Not released as they are not "conformed" or "Fit To" I am so done creating clothing. I really only made a few half decent items. I am currently working with Photoshop and going to revisit painting. Hence I'm offering it up for free if someone wants to take over the project.

I have all the pieces parts, I'm pretty sure They are mapped. But I'd have to go look at the mapping to be sure. But I can remap, if not.

So they are up for grabs!

Thanks guys. I have some social media links in my profile. Though I don't believe they have a Google+ option. You can find me there. I don't do Linked (or whatever its called). No problem with it, personally. At my age there are only so many places I go. lol...

Cheers! Contact me if you want.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.