Sat, Sep 21, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: 11:03

nnelson1 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 6:40 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_219172.jpg

Going for an oblique symbolism with this one. What do you think? All opinions (technical, subject, etc.) are welcome. Cheers! Nick

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 10:41 AM

First of all you will pay for setting my thought pattern for the rest of the day. Second of all I like the selective use of color. Third of did you selectively adjust the color or did it just turn ou this way. Finally what made you decide to create this picture. As it initially b/w ( If so what type of paper did you use ect. ) Bsteph

starshuffler ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 11:17 AM

Somehow I feel the watch seems out of place. I don't know why I think so...

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 1:14 PM

Would you perfer to see socks!? Plus it's got that indigo glow. While I'm on the subject is this for a Timex advertisement? I'd buy one!!! LOL Bsteph

nnelson1 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 2:44 PM

Thanks for the replies. Originally, the print was full color. I desaturated it in Photoshop and then applied a color layer. The concept of this series is to create that "out of place" feeling. Nudity without overt sexuality. Juxtaposition of things that may or may not be related. A touch of the surreal without depicting floating ocean layers or whatever.

billglaw ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 3:42 PM

Definitly arresting! Thanks for the tech details. I can't make up my mind about the cropping. Is less female left arm better or not? Now that you have idea, try that hand and watch where they are from 11:10 until 11:50. Keep it light and have some fun. (I am left handed and wear a watch on my right arm.)

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 8:09 PM

this is a very good picture both for content and statement. i like how the watch face is colored and all else in b&w, making a surface statement that time is more than the close intimacy of the tender embrace. I believe that true love transends time or the temporal and i feel this picture bold states this.

Antoonio ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 1:19 AM

yep, I got that "out of place feeling" too. I'm not quite sure do I like it or not. But you got me. .n

Syyd ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 7:30 AM

I dont know, the watch to me adds to it.....somehow technology and skin, the hurry and rush to finish up, be satisfied and move on....at exactly 11:03.....

Slynky ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 7:15 PM

Maybe you just have a lazy eye alpha, my eyes haven't left the nipple yet.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 9:17 PM

What's wrong with the left one. The one being held. It's strange but initially I don't remember seing the other one as almost being covered. To me it's very simple. As I look at the image. My eye folows the image in the shape of a U. Let me illustrate. Nipple Watch Nipple Then I look back again in reverse. So for me it's 1 3 2 To me there is no distraction. Just multiple objects of interest. Very simple but with multiple levels. But then I like picture with As Alpha calles it distraction. Am I the only one who appreciates a visually dense image? However it also does not seem like a caress it seems stiff more like something being held. Interesting justapose. Hey Nnelson1 how does it feel to be the gallery discussion of the week? Bsteph

nnelson1 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 7:58 AM

No apologies needed! My whole purpose is to try and create a piece that makes people think about more than, "Oh, nice boobs!" If the image has given you something to think about and mull over, if even for a couple minutes, it's been a success! I appreciate the responses and the honest opinions. That's why I come here! (Well, that and the fact that everyone is just so darn good lookin'!) Cheers! Nick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.