Mon, Sep 9, 6:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Thx vendors !

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2016 at 7:58 AM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:27 AM

Since we're only able to find only G3 product i take a lot of economy ! Continue like that :D

Just remember, Poser users are always living ;)

Gรฉnรฉration mobiles Le Forumย / Le Site

ย 

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2016 at 9:11 AM

Hahahahah !

Eternal Hobbyist

ย 

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2016 at 10:09 AM

what about content for the poser native figures some stuff for them would be nice too

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 2:29 PM

Ssssst, let them sleep. The less they release, the better we become with Blender. Sssst, let them sleep. LOL.

Amaranth ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 4:34 PM

Sa_raneth posted at 11:31PM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4278028

what about content for the poser native figures some stuff for them would be nice too

oh yes, content for native figures don't get any sales either so you can't blame the vendors for looking up other adventures.

Amaranth3D

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 6:25 PM

On the What's New Page - click on the box labelled 'Software' From the drop down select 'Poser' Then you will see Poser items rather than Genesis items

ghostman ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2016 at 10:47 AM

adzan posted at 5:46PM Wed, 03 August 2016 - #4278269

On the What's New Page - click on the box labelled 'Software' From the drop down select 'Poser' Then you will see Poser items rather than Genesis items

But it still has flaws. Not all poser only item shows up in it and those shows up in the DS search instead even though it has Poser only in the description.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2016 at 1:56 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Plus you can't see anything else besides items for Poser. So you still need to browse all if you're looking for 2D assets, backgrounds, texture resources, etc.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2016 at 9:21 PM

Well I'm still making content for m4/v4, wand I will be converting them up and down to cover several other figures. But I won't be selling them here since they will get buried, not sell, and then get deleted. I agree the store has been full of DS only content recently - which I too am not buying. Well at least I'm finally getting a chance to catch up on my wishlist!

LM

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 3:39 AM

@Lyrra: the following isn't directed at you (mostly ๐Ÿ˜… ).

What I really like is the way a lot of vendors went directly from V4 to V7, creating nothing for Genesis 2, which I use almost exclusively. So now we have almost nothing but V4 and V7 stuff in the MP. V5/Genesis 1 was a lump of mud, so I don't miss that figure, but Genesis 2 is very adaptable and capable in Poser (Pro 2014). I know V7/Genesis 3 have been made to work in Poser 11 Pro, but then I'd have to use Poser 11 Pro (hopefully someday they'll fix the bugs - I'll not buy Poser 12 unless I see some major improvements to Poser 11 within the next 6 months).

@Anthanasius: Yep, great way to save money. I just bought a cool workout gym set from another store. With all the money I haven't been spending, I didn't even balk at the price ๐Ÿ˜€

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 10:21 AM

if people want clothing products of mine for genesis 2, all they need to do is ask. I don't use DS only figures or DSON so I generally only develop for genesis figures if there is a direct request. That being said I do have a g2f female set in the queue at ... not here. Female viking though, so may not be your cuppa.

LM

rodrigogzz ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 7:00 PM

I am also thankful, saving tons of money. I decided to not renew the prime membership since I will hardly be spending enough to get the monthly rewards. Still thanks to 3D-Age, Seven, ali, 2nd_world, renapd and -supernova-, to name the few that keep supporting V4, I will keep buying your great products.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 11:22 PM

@Lyrra: That's why I said mostly. If your primary figure is V4, then definitely make V4 stuff (I do still buy V4 textures occasionally - funny sidenote: my current G2F character material setup uses SASE Autumn textures from way back when). Only go into G2F stuff if you're comfortable working in DAZ Studio (at least for content creation). Please DO NOT attempt to create anything for G2F directly in Poser, as it will not work correctly (you probably don't need me to tell you this, but I have seen other very experienced vendors do so).

I'm actually mainly butthurt about Hameleon's skipping G2F, as he makes excellent stuff. He kept making V4 stuff for a long time, then suddenly jumped to G3F. There are a few other vendors as well who went directly from V4 to G3F (so much clothing that I would love to buy, but there's no G2F version). I still buy a few V4 characters for the textures, but G3F stuff is absolutely useless to me (at least until they properly fix Poser 11).

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 6:29 PM

Geez, it's like I'm having flashbacks of DAZ life. First, Poser stuff was prominent and I assume profitable. Next Poser stuff came alongside DAZ stuff, then Poser gradually disappeared until now it's almost like a shock to see new Poser stuff over there. Next they bought off RDNA which eliminated a source of fresh Poser items. I let my Platinum Club membership lapse over there after renewing every year for years. The powers that be clearly didn't care despite the avalanche of Poser users bailing ship from over there. Now I'm reading about people letting their Prime Club lapse. How long before DAZ buys RDNA?

I wouldn't be pleased but I wouldn't be surprised. I sent two site mails to different vendors regarding their Poser offerings. One hasn't thought to respond at all. The other told me I should ask for my money back. It seemed they (he) had no intention nor inclination to offer support for an old figure such as V4.

It is ironic that the most popular Poser figure of all time was made by a company that rarely make Poser items anymore? Is that the word I'm looking for?

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 5:45 AM

Hey I'm still here...

My 2D&3D Storeย 

My Youtube Channel

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 7:24 AM

rodrigogzz posted at 1:06PM Wed, 17 August 2016 - #4279659

I am also thankful, saving tons of money. I decided to not renew the prime membership since I will hardly be spending enough to get the monthly rewards. Still thanks to 3D-Age, Seven, ali, 2nd_world, renapd and -supernova-, to name the few that keep supporting V4, I will keep buying your great products.

I am very much in the same position. I used to spend $100+ here every month and over the last year I have spent less that $50 for the whole year. I did not renew my Prime membership and sometime ago I deleted my whole gallery here as I did not agree with the use of advertising in the galleries.

I don't blame the vendors for following the money and I am not upset to any degree. I still use V4 but I have a bucket load of stuff for her, these days my figure of choice is Dawn. It does not take a rocket scientist to guess where I now spend my money then, of course there is nowhere near the amount of content available for Dawn as V4 or Genesis but on the other hand it is a growing family so my renders are probably a little more varied than a year ago. It has also encouraged me to improve my modeling skills.

Forum wise I used to visit here a couple of times a day and now it is a couple of times a month. I can't remember the last time I posted here but it has been many months. I am glad to see that the arguments seem to have, by and large, died a death but said the see that this appears to be because the forum itself is on life support compared to how it was.

So I am not upset with any vendor, in fact I wish them every success as I do Renderosity. I would however make the point that despite the doom and gloom and the predictions that the world was about to end I am enjoying my 3D art more than I have have. What is available in the market is keeping me happy, content wise, and I am glad to see so many others doing all the testing and bug fix on Poser 11 to make it a great product. I will possibly upgrade at some point, just after the release Poser 12 is my best guess at the moment.

So time for me to slide back into the shadows for another year but I extend my best wishes to all here, without exception, and hope you are all getting as much fun from your world of 3D art as I am.

ย 

ย 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -ย  Ryzen 9ย 5900HX,ย with 64 gig ram and 3 TBย  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using anย AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .ย  ย The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 4:01 PM

Which native Poser figure would you guys like more stuff for?

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 6:38 PM

Biscuits posted at 4:38PM Wed, 17 August 2016 - #4280195

Hey I'm still here...

And we still love you!

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 7:17 PM

About poser native figures, at the end of this month, you can get a new one, a male one ๐Ÿ˜

adh3d website

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 11:48 AM

adh3d posted at 9:48AM Thu, 18 August 2016 - #4280261

About poser native figures, at the end of this month, you can get a new one, a male one ๐Ÿ˜

AdMan!!!!!!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 6:14 PM

Yes, version 2 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

adh3d website

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 9:18 PM

adh3d posted at 7:17PM Thu, 18 August 2016 - #4280364

Yes, version 2 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'll keep an eye out for him. I already have mad plans for him. I have v1, and I am still in awe that you were able to create him in Wings. It's really nice work.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2016 at 9:39 AM

Thank you. The mesh of version 2 was created in wings3d too.

Iin the end, I thought that there will be only one free version with all the morphs in the v2, and it will be free.

adh3d website

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2016 at 7:04 PM

Nice.

I'll keep my eye out for him.

Thank you for the work you are putting into him.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2016 at 12:23 AM ยท edited Sun, 21 August 2016 at 12:23 AM

adh3d where do I get the characters from ?

============================================================ย 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2016 at 12:30 AM

quietrob posted at 1:24AM Sun, 21 August 2016 - #4280173

Geez, it's like I'm having flashbacks of DAZ life. First, Poser stuff was prominent and I assume profitable. Next Poser stuff came alongside DAZ stuff, then Poser gradually disappeared until now it's almost like a shock to see new Poser stuff over there. Next they bought off RDNA which eliminated a source of fresh Poser items. I let my Platinum Club membership lapse over there after renewing every year for years. The powers that be clearly didn't care despite the avalanche of Poser users bailing ship from over there. Now I'm reading about people letting their Prime Club lapse. How long before DAZ buys RDNA?

I wouldn't be pleased but I wouldn't be surprised. I sent two site mails to different vendors regarding their Poser offerings. One hasn't thought to respond at all. The other told me I should ask for my money back. It seemed they (he) had no intention nor inclination to offer support for an old figure such as V4.

It is ironic that the most popular Poser figure of all time was made by a company that rarely make Poser items anymore? Is that the word I'm looking for?

It's just more notable now but DAZ has always had a monopoly on characters. There characters ,They say what app they support. Genesis would do great in app's like Max, Lightwave but the don't rig them for those app's either.

============================================================ย 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2016 at 1:09 AM

RorrKonn posted at 11:09PM Sat, 20 August 2016 - #4280605

adh3d where do I get the characters from ?

I have a link but I don't know if I am allowed to post it...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.