Tue, Sep 24, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: The real Supermodel Dina - first look and some questions!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 1:52 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

file_219354.jpg

This sort of strange looking lady is the proof-of-concept for Supermodel Dina, the reason she looks so weird is she doesn't have any of the morphs yot fitted for the head, neck and left side of the body, partly so you can get an idea of the changes being made. Before I go on, let me say this about Dina, she has really, really nice mesh, but I'm super unimpressed with the stock body. The mesh is very very nice though, it isn't just mindlessly high poly count, but it does bring my computer to it's knees in Max, I must of crashed it 20 times getting this far, I guess I'm finally going to have to get my "new" computer in service, that should be able to do it. Anyway, in spite of what I though, I couldn't use SMV's CR2, I had to use Dina's. However, I didn't think SMV's clothing would fit all all with Dina's CR2, as you can see some of them might (not shoes though) So, here are the questions: Assuming you were in the market for Supermodel Dina (SMD), bearing in mind you would have to by regular Dina, would you rather have her with Supermodel Vickie's proportions, or (as I was thinking) something a little more "pin-up", less supermodel, slightly shorter, slightly chesterier (but not like regular Dina, who has ENORMOUS breasts, I can't do them that big!) Bear in mind the later would even have less luck wearing SMV's clothing, and I don't plan on a SMD line of clothing, either (but I could come up with some scalling poses...) The other question is would you rather her have high-heel feet or flat feet? To tell the truth, I don't see how anybodies shoes are going to fit her in either case, so don't think about that part. Last question, would you buy her - she is going to cost at least $20, on top of the $30 for Dina.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 2:25 PM

I would! That's what I was asking for from the get-go...a Supermodel Dina that was based on Dina :). I've gotten just about everything else there is so far for Dina except for a few things (they are on the list ;)), and since I really like the model, I'm sure I'll like Supermodel Dina :). I like all your suggestions for her too, because them she would have a rather different application than Supermodel Vicky and could be used for different things. SMD could be Dina's Pam Anderson compared to SMV's Cindy Crawford ;). And you're right...she has a REALLY nice mesh :). Laurie

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 2:51 PM

I have your smv and the smv-morph for viccy.I would only buy dina if there are less problems with the elbows and knees when posing and if she could use the smv-clothes or viccys. Dont want to buy the whole stuff new

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 3:01 PM

"Pam Anderson compared to SMV's Cindy Crawford" is very well put, that is exactly what I was thinking. Early Pam, at that (about the first Playboy shoot time). Fitting the clothing, though, aye, that the rub! I'd like to get her into SMV's duds in either case, but the farther you go the less things fit... I was suprized how well you can do with a scaling/fitting pose though, I included one with the San Francisco Hair that gets it on the Posette, which is no big change, but another gets it on the PreTeen, which is.

Atrice ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 5:03 PM

I'd definately go for the slightly shorter curvier figure, if I could afford her I'd buy her too. As it is, times is 'ard and I'll have to make a choice between Vicky2 and Dina/SMD. Tough decision!

movida ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 5:43 PM

I'd buy SM Dina if she could wear SMV's clothes also. I couldn't bear not being able to use your Long Gown on her!

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 5:51 PM

I've been happy with just about everything I've seen for Dina, so far. Having seen the quality of your previous work, I'd almost certainsly buy her for $20.00, & well worth it! As I'm a nut for realism, will SMD have a pooch-belly (that's what we call it a t the gym for that Impossible-to-remove without lipo tummyfat most real women have) & small "love-handles" morphs? If possible, I'd appreciate it, with nude & swelling-above-bikini-line versions.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 3:23 AM

"Assuming you were in the market for Supermodel Dina (SMD), bearing in mind you would have to by regular Dina, would you rather have her with Supermodel Vickie's proportions..." The only way I would be interested would be if she could wear SMV clothing - and I knwo that is a technical nightmare or so it seems :) I currently only really track one line of clothing... Vicky, with a strong strong bois to Vicki2 morph aware clothing. I am strongly considering adding SMV to that list and the Daz Kids. I have SMMV now, and I might ad rgular SMV. So, that would be three clothing lines... and then on top of all that I am not going to add Dina and SMDina to the mix :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 5:32 AM

Jim, As much as I respect you and your work, I wouldn't take Dina or any modifications to her if she were free. I've got Vicky2, I've got the Old Woman and Faerie from DAZ, and the pregnant P4, and several others, and they are all women. Dina just gives me the willies. Carolly

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 7:30 AM

I did some more work on SMD yesterday, and it now actually looks like she will be able to wear SMV's shows at least, as long as I do her as a high-heel figure with a fitted CR2. (which is going to be easier for the user anyway, who wants to fit 30 loose finger morphs!) I'm also leaning tward doing her as early Pam Anderson, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to just duplicate SMV in Dina's mesh. So I'm going to have to see how well we can get the clothing to fit, all the stuff has a "implants" morph which should help. She really has to be able to at the minimum wear SMV's simple outfits, like the bikini. I also made some intresting discoveries about regular Dina too, including the reason for her linebacker shoulders, I'll post a message about this tomorrow.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 7:32 AM

shows = shoes "she will be able to wear SMV's shoes, at least" Ah, proof reading!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 4:52 PM

I for one would pounce on her, Jim and $20 is wonderful, count me as one of your buyers!! Jack

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 5:18 PM

Count me in too! :) Laurie

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 6:41 PM

file_219358.jpg

She is just roughed out here, but most of the parts are getting near the correct size, all parts have morphs except fingers (and all will have to have a morph, every finger, even her tongue!) As you can see, SMV's shoes are going to fit, once her feet are the right size (I think she is going to have to share SMV's slightly-too-big-feet, but all the girls have big feet now, size 6 is just a memory!) She is going to have Dina's hands though, Dina's hands are very nice indead, and SMV doesn't have any gloves anyway! She will have high-heel feet, BTW, only way I can get the shoes on right!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 6:55 PM

She's coming along nicely Jim :). It's cool that SMV's clothes are fitting better. Sigh...gonna have to break out the checkbook again...LOL. After all, since I don't have SMV, I'll have clothing to buy ;). Laurie

Cin- ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 7:40 PM

Looking excellent Jim... I don't have SMV, but I keep wanting to pick her up (well... smmv), and I don't have Dina (yet... but she's on my list), and I would almost definitely get SMD if I got Dina.

dragongirl ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 6:45 PM

Oh - that last render - this makes Dina very valuable - lovely work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.