Wed, Oct 2, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Latest Version of EZskin3 Better?

inquire ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 4:55 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 5:47 AM

I have the version of EZskin3 from January, 2016. Using Poser 11 SR2, on the latest Macintosh OS, 10.11.6. Is the newest version of EZskin3 that's out an improvement over the version I have? Sometimes newer versions introduce bugs; that's why I'm asking.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 6:43 PM

Snarlygribbly is pretty good at making sure the program is running smoothly. you can contact him directly at CGbytes where he has EZskin3. I believe there have been a couple updates since January.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 10:14 PM

I've had trouble getting EZ skin 3 to work while EZ skin 2 works perfectly. Is EZ skin3 only for Poser 11?

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 6:44 AM · edited Thu, 18 August 2016 at 6:45 AM

Ah, well, you can use it for firefly (there is a dropdown to choose firefly settings), it is essentially built for Poser 11. IF you are using an earlier version of EZskin on an earlier version of Poser might I suggest EZmat at http://orphans.basicwiz.com/ it is another wonderful utility by Snarly. Please take the time to learn it as it has some great features that are time saving and creates some amazing textures as well.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 7:33 AM

EZskin 3 is for Poser 11 only.

The web icon on EZSkin's toolbar will take you to the EZSkin update page.

Knowing Snarly he never releases an update with known bugs.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 8:25 PM

Thanks Biscuits (we love you!) and Boni (We love you too!). I know snarly is pretty tight about such things but I could find nothing that said it was only for P11. I've been using EZskin2 and already have wonderful results for older figures like Aiko and Sadie, my two favorite gals. I'll stop trying to teach a pig to whistle and wait till I upgrade to P11 Pro (as I want that fitting room. Why isn't there an autofit?)

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2016 at 6:28 AM · edited Fri, 19 August 2016 at 6:31 AM

I have made a cycles based skinshader plug-in for EZ-skin3 (so poser11 only). Because I can't give a link, more info at the official SM-poserforum. There is also a second plug-in for cloth materials.

Here is a sample render:

Render227.jpg

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.