Mon, Oct 21, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Which Figures to Develop For?

Xatren ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2016 at 5:02 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:32 PM

If someone wants to sell products exclusively here at Renderosity, which figures should they focus their development efforts on? G2F/G2M, G3F/G3M, or V4/M?

I am asking here because I am sure most DAZ Studio users will want G3F/G3M stuff, but I am not sure about Poser users (even though I use both myself).

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2016 at 5:27 PM

G3 for DAZ ,V4 for Poser n Dawn for DAZ n Poser

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

oldingr ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2016 at 5:59 PM

Gene 2 works (sort of) in both.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2016 at 9:05 PM

Actually, Poser users can use G3F/M now if they use the utility by Willdial and Lululee.

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2016 at 11:44 PM

I'm using more of the Poser default figures these days. (Also my own figures) I do buy content for the Poser Pro 11 figures.

Eternal Hobbyist

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 6:33 AM

The 3 responses above are spot on. Personally I would like to see more products for the P11 figures ... but as far as what people are buying? it's a cross between the G3F and V4M figures.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 7:18 AM
Online Now!

RorrKonn posted at 1:13PM Wed, 31 August 2016 - #4281598

G3 for DAZ ,V4 for Poser n Dawn for DAZ n Poser

I would agree with that as a general statement but the OP stated that the products were to be exclusively for Renderosity and in my view that would exclude Dawn. Don't get me wrong I am not knocking the figure and Dawn will work in both Poser and DS straight from the box. The reason for my comment is that there is so little here for Dawn that I doubt very few come here to purchase and spend their money at Hivewire instead (thinks! - the same statement could be made for Poser with some validity.)

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 8:16 AM

Miki3, when i open poser, she my goto girl!

wouldn't mind a new morph pack 👰

wedding dress, skimpy fantasy wear. space pirate

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 8:58 AM

can you make Ryan2 look like Robert Redford?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 11:48 AM

Wait until Bella or ProjectE release for Poser. Till then go to Genesis3 figures for DAZStudio.

EarthCrone ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 5:15 PM

Not being able to afford Poser 11 I don't even know the default new figures. What I plan to focus on is:

1. Strictly Poser content
  2. Star by Lady Littlefox (the Poser Version) for Poser.
  3. Toons mainly Sadie
  4. Creating my own Toons (prays)

Personally I've always hated Studio, that's just me...I know others love it.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 5:40 PM

I'm still using V4 and M4. To me the more content available for the characters the better. If you make a new suit / dress for vickie 99 I will never buy it. It would only be 1 of 3 dresses available. The new characters are probably better, but I personally don't care, unless there is a ton of content for whatever it is I'm trying to make. I like Daz stuff, but if they make it too hard to use / import, forget it.

Xatren ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 6:28 PM · edited Wed, 31 August 2016 at 6:30 PM

First of all, thanks everyone for your replies.

-Timberwolf- posted at 6:27PM Wed, 31 August 2016 - #4281656

Wait until Bella or ProjectE release for Poser. Till then go to Genesis3 figures for DAZStudio.

I've never heard of this Bella before. Got any links that might help me get up to speed?

Also, the latest Poser I own is Poser Pro 2012. There will be no Rex/Roxie/Paul/Pauline stuff coming from me for some time.

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2016 at 11:25 PM
Site Admin
EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 12:14 AM

I have a question, and I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. just looking for an honest answer. Considering what has been said about Dawn, Roxie, Pauline , Scarlet and other figures that have been released for Poser, some of you guys have been pretty brutal in your opinions about these figures. Not enough morphs, clothes, poses, etc. as soon as they're released. people not dropping other figures that are making them money to immediately support these new figures, etc. etc. etc. So what is it exactly, that makes you think that figures like Bella or Project E will be the one figure that will replace V4 as Poser's figure of choice?

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 2:09 AM

Hi Earl.

It is not so much about "thinking" that they will replace V4 , but more about "hoping" that after 10 years or so, somebody will come with a new Poser figure. IMHO, V4/M4 still have many-many- many- years to go. Digital content does not "age".

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 5:23 AM · edited Thu, 01 September 2016 at 5:24 AM

EClark1894 posted at 12:11PM Thu, 01 September 2016 - #4281725

I have a question, and I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. just looking for an honest answer. Considering what has been said about Dawn, Roxie, Pauline , Scarlet and other figures that have been released for Poser, some of you guys have been pretty brutal in your opinions about these figures. Not enough morphs, clothes, poses, etc. as soon as they're released. people not dropping other figures that are making them money to immediately support these new figures, etc. etc. etc. So what is it exactly, that makes you think that figures like Bella or Project E will be the one figure that will replace V4 as Poser's figure of choice?

Everyone has his own priority, so my priority is that I like to have decent joint bendings. This could be achieved by a superior weight mapping system or a jcm-system or a combination of both. In the end, I don't care as long as the results are convincing. Pose any figure and send it to zbrush to fix all of this figure's posing issues in a 3d-postwork. If you try this, you'll spent houres by this, on some Poser figures. The first Poser-only figure I've played with, that will most likley work for me, ist the Bella_beta figure by Ali. http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=37

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 8:41 AM

So I've not really touched Genesis since it came out. It has nothing to do with my feelings about DAZ, so let's just get that out of the way. I've explained over and over again, my computer, a mac, couldn't run DS. It still can't, so there. So how does Bella stack up against figures like V7, or Project E, or Pauline?

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 10:50 AM

Bella is in maintenance.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 12:05 PM

tonyvilters posted at 7:05PM Thu, 01 September 2016 - #4281767

Bella is in maintenance.

... but the beta is a free download

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 12:55 PM
Forum Coordinator

-Timberwolf- posted at 7:50PM Thu, 01 September 2016 - #4281781

... but the beta is a free download

And even in her current Beta state she does very well.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 5:14 PM · edited Thu, 01 September 2016 at 5:18 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

It still REALLY bothers the hell outta me that all you can call the Bethany morph over at Daz is "the fat chick". I don't take issue that it's a Daz figure, but the connotations of the statement, like "the fat chick" is a revolting piece of shit. Yeah, still pisses me off. You got a right to say and think whatever you want, but we have a right to call you out on it. It's not only crass and rude, you can get your point across without the insults.

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 8:30 PM

Blackhearted's GND: Anastasia would be my pick, followed by Dawn.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Xatren ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 8:50 PM

To be honest, I wish Blackhearted would do a Girl/Guy Next Door makeover for the Poser 11 people. I might actually upgrade then.

If a person chooses to support Dawn/Dusk, would they likely make more money selling here or at Hivewire? Ultimately, the decision for which characters to support and where to sell will be largely determined by earning potential.

Having found out that the Project E base figure will be free, I have already decided to support it. It's a no-brainer really. Free, modern figure with integrated genitals compatible with Poser and DAZ Studio? I mean, come on.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 9:33 PM

Blackhearted was actually considering a GND for Pauline - until they saw the bending.. If the worst of those glaring issues have been fixed, they might yet do it.

(source: a thread at RDNA I think - can't be arsed to find it now lol)

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 9:58 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 8:56PM Thu, 01 September 2016 - #4281884

Blackhearted was actually considering a GND for Pauline - until they saw the bending.. If the worst of those glaring issues have been fixed, they might yet do it.

I would have thought that Blackhearted got bought out by Daz along with RTDNA and therefore no more remodeling of Poser figures from him/her.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 11:33 PM

ghostship2 posted at 6:31AM Fri, 02 September 2016 - #4281888

I would have thought that Blackhearted got bought out by Daz along with RTDNA and therefore no more remodeling of Poser figures from him/her.

Why? They have a store here at Rendo as well, besides vendors aren't locked to one storefront

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 12:56 AM

EClark1894 posted at 1:46AM Fri, 02 September 2016 - #4281758

So I've not really touched Genesis since it came out. It has nothing to do with my feelings about DAZ, so let's just get that out of the way. I've explained over and over again, my computer, a mac, couldn't run DS. It still can't, so there. So how does Bella stack up against figures like V7, or Project E, or Pauline?

I love all the characters. n have all the app's .I don't take sides.

Project E polycount is very high n last I herd Eros said there probably wouldn't be a Poser version. Bella has tri's in her ,maybe the final version won't. V6 had a lot of points with 3 lines attached to it.V7 does not.V7 is by fare the best mesh . that just the basic mesh ,then theres maps,morphs,rigs etc etc.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 1:04 AM

Half to say this .It all looks the same no matter what ever character you use .look threw the gallery cant tell what character was used. it's all the same .

the game characters are starting to look better.

Want to replace what ever character. you don't need venders n all that .all you half to do is make her stand out from the rest.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 1:09 AM

Xatren posted at 2:08AM Fri, 02 September 2016 - #4281879

To be honest, I wish Blackhearted would do a Girl/Guy Next Door makeover for the Poser 11 people. I might actually upgrade then.

If a person chooses to support Dawn/Dusk, would they likely make more money selling here or at Hivewire? Ultimately, the decision for which characters to support and where to sell will be largely determined by earning potential.

Having found out that the Project E base figure will be free, I have already decided to support it. It's a no-brainer really. Free, modern figure with integrated genitals compatible with Poser and DAZ Studio? I mean, come on.

I'd sell your content at all the stores.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 4:54 AM

Xatren posted at 5:52AM Fri, 02 September 2016 - #4281879

I prefer to sell at the figure's home store, so DAZ for G3's, Hivewire for Dawn and CP for Poser natives. That's just me, of course.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 7:35 AM
Online Now!

Xatren posted at 1:33PM Fri, 02 September 2016 - #4281879

Nothing to stop you selling at more than one store but I suspect that a product for Dawn would sell more on her own site just because, I suspect, followers of Dawn will look there first if only because Dawn content would be easier to find there than here.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 8:45 AM

As a male, I would like to state that I do not endorse, encourage or in any way support any kind of body shaming comments.

I feel I should also state that my wife is plus size, and anyone who believes most plus size people are somehow to "blame" for their appearance shows a remarkable lack of knowledge when it comes to medical history, genetics, mental health, socio-economic factors and upbringing to name just a few.

I also agree a mod should step in here.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 8:59 AM

Good point. I don't like to "censor" a thread unless necessary, so I simply added a comment that I was hoping would bring things back around. Unfortunately it did not. I will delete the posts that are in question. If there is any confusion as to the thread, that is why. Some of the deleted posts were quoted posts as well, so if you feel you were deleted improperly, that is most likely the reason.

Boni

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 9:33 AM

Thank you for deleting all of those posts. And for linguistic accuracy only the goverNment can "sensor" speech through the establishment of laws the restrict it.

Bondware/Renderosity is a private organization with every legal right to MODERATE/EDIT/DELETE any Data uploaded to their private servers including forum posts it determines have failed to meet its subjective community standards,

Ladies of all shapes &sizes should feel welcome in a community about artistic expression.

My website

YouTube Channel

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 9:45 AM

👍

Boni

ghostship2 ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 11:28 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 10:27AM Fri, 02 September 2016 - #4281891

ghostship2 posted at 6:31AM Fri, 02 September 2016 - #4281888

Why? They have a store here at Rendo as well, besides vendors aren't locked to one storefront

They might be if Daz has them sign a contract...

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Khory_D ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 11:51 AM

"They might be if Daz has them sign a contract..."

I have never heard of anyone signing a contract with any of the brokerages in the 8+ years I have been doing content creation. I would guess there are potentially staffing contracts done by brokerages but that isn't the same thing. Exclusivity is expected at Daz for most products (which is not the same as the content creator selling there exclusively) and that may hold true for Hive wire as well. Others strongly encourage exclusive products for obvious reasons. How far a brokerage will go to try to encourage exclusive sales through that brokerage varies, but most simply go on a product by product basis with no really benefits to having all your eggs in a single basket other than those that you get from not splitting potential sales at a variety of places.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 12:27 PM · edited Fri, 02 September 2016 at 12:29 PM

The only thing I know that stores do is request that an exclusive to that store be put in just that store (hence "exclusive" ;)). I never had to sign a contract for anything I sold at any store unless things have changed recently and I've sold at three different places. Since everything at Daz is technically an "exclusive", all they want is that you don't sell that particular item anywhere else, which is really common among all the stores.

I agree with EClark that if I was to sell something for the Genesis line, I'd try and sell at Daz, for Dawn at Hivewire, etc. only because they are the places ppl think of first when they think of those particular figures. As it is tho, I actually shop wherever there's something I like for whatever figure I like ;).

Laurie

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 1:25 PM

I'd rather give away stuff for free, instead of having to deal with all that vendor's contract stuff.

kittykat98 ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 4:18 PM · edited Fri, 02 September 2016 at 4:19 PM

And don't forget that a microsecond after you put your item on the broker's site, it'll appear on some file sharing site based out of the old Soviet Union or China then quickly make it to the mainstream torrent sites where hundreds of people will download it for free. When you scream at the broker to send a DCMA takedown notice to the torrent site they will tell you that it's "not their job". You will reply, foaming at the mouth and spitting blood, then pull all your content, tell the broker to -expletive deleted- , and vow never to sell anything again.

Over the next while you become bitter and sullen and abandon the Poser/Dazverse for a first person shooter (HLII) and wierd Japanese tenticle porn. Eventually you start sniffing around Dazville and the Poserverse but find that people have become polarized over software and figures and renderers and decide that it's not worth it anymore.

Ask me how I know...go ahead...just ask.

Khory_D ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 5:16 PM

" When you scream at the broker to send a DCMA takedown notice to the torrent site they will tell you that it's "not their job"."

I don't know about the other brokerages but I know that both Daz and Renderosity are very good about trying to deal with that sort of thing. I say "try" because short of driving to where ever the person who runs the site lives and going in and smashing the machine with the files on it most of them just put things right back up again.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

Xatren ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 7:46 PM

Piracy sucks, but the piracy situation might be getting better. One well known site that had an active community for piracy of DAZ and Poser stuff has been permanently shut down, equipment seized by law enforcement, and the people behind it charged with various crimes and hit with a bunch of lawsuits. Perhaps that will quell the piracy problems for a while.

I would like to try to move this thread back on topic though. Do enough people that use Poser buy Genesis 2 stuff to make it profitable to develop for that platform and sell here? Or is selling here more a V4/M4 affair?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 12:27 AM

Xatren posted at 1:24AM Sat, 03 September 2016 - #4282001

Piracy sucks, but the piracy situation might be getting better. One well known site that had an active community for piracy of DAZ and Poser stuff has been permanently shut down, equipment seized by law enforcement, and the people behind it charged with various crimes and hit with a bunch of lawsuits. Perhaps that will quell the piracy problems for a while.

I would like to try to move this thread back on topic though. Do enough people that use Poser buy Genesis 2 stuff to make it profitable to develop for that platform and sell here? Or is selling here more a V4/M4 affair?

G2 is out dated, G3 it's all G3 until G4 ;)

So it's G3 for DAZ

V4 for Poser

n Dawn

There the only top 3 characters you should worry about for now

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.