Wed, Sep 18, 1:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: adman v2 is here, and it is free...

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 2:11 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 5:55 AM

adman2promo.png

You can download the adman v2 figure here , at Renderosity

adh3d website

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 2:31 PM

Thanks for your contribution to the community 👍

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 2:33 PM

Thanks to you for your interest 😃

adh3d website

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 3:50 PM

I think I asked this before... is this a merchant's resource, so people can make clothes? Does it come with a clothing resource kit?

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 3:59 PM

Hi, no it is a original figure .

About the clothing resource kit, what do you need?

adh3d website

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 8:26 PM · edited Wed, 07 September 2016 at 8:27 PM

Well, as it's a male figure, I would think something such as a male body suit that can be used as a merchants resource for making and rigging shirts, shorts, pants, and shoes.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 7:13 AM

Please take a look at this video:

Why you have to DELETE the obj files that Poser saves for you

Secondly : Posers newer functions require a fully symmetrical default obj file. You can do with morphs afterwards whatever you want, but the default obj file needs to be symmetrical.:

The minimum object file requirements are :

• Fully symmetrical
  • Properly grouped and fully welded => See the video where I demo what is happening with a dress, but the same thing happens with all figures rigged in Poser because, and I will write it in BOLD => Poser is unable to export a properly grouped and welded obj file. => For all Poser functions to work properly, you can not have double vertex. => In this case all vertex at all welds have a double. (just like the dress had)

So sorry to say but :

• The default figure is not symmetrical
  • The object file is a collection of loose groups

The good thing is that Poser uses an internal "rewelding at import" function, so the figure "works" (just like the dress in the demo worked).

But it is better to work with a "properly grouped and welded object file" that has no double vertex at all the welds;

Best regards, Tony

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 12:52 PM

Ok tonyvilters, thank you for your opinon,

I see the video, but I have any problem in the fitting room or in morphs creation or transffering them to the clothes, as you said in the video, because I am creating clothes right now for him as I did in the past for any other figure without a problem in that way, although I read you in other figures threads with the same discourse, so I'm not surprised you tell me it now.😄

I do not want discussions, which usually do not lead anywhere, but you talk about "The minimum object file requirements are :", I think this is for you, for me, the minimum object file requirements are that it works ok, as you expect it to work, I don't say my figure is perfect, it is not perfect at all, but I think it works very well, and the final user are not going to have any problem related with the "technicals" things you talk about.

About the symmetrical, well the concept itself is debatable because, although it can helps you to make with less work a morph, and clothes ( can help the content creator people, not the final user) it is not as important than for you, anyway, the not symmetrical in this figure would be minimal, because I model it in wings3d with the mirror active.

Anyway, if someone has an "problem" with the adman v2, I will be very happy to try to fix it. 😀

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 12:54 PM

EClark1894 posted at 1:52PM Thu, 08 September 2016 - #4282498

Well, as it's a male figure, I would think something such as a male body suit that can be used as a merchants resource for making and rigging shirts, shorts, pants, and shoes.

Hi, Thank you for your suggestion, I try to make a "base" suit and a cr2 blank as you tell me and I'll put it here.😄

adh3d website

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:01 PM · edited Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:03 PM

Hello adh3d. Thanks for your answer. =>You model in Wings with mirror "ON"! => Only 9 of the 40.339 verts are symmetrical. ADH3D-1.jpg

ADH3D-2.jpg

2 screengrabs. One of the mouth where (as a visible example), the teeth are out of symmetry.

A second one of the belly.

The problem with the unwelded groups is far more serious, and even SM made that same mistake when building Alyson2 and Ryan2.

Another thing I just noticed; The figure is Weigntmapped, but set to skinning method "Poser traditional".

Another strange thing is the rotation order of the forearms. => The "side dial" does the forearm bending, and the bending dial does the "side" of the forearms.

Right hand :

The grasp, only grasps 3 fingers. The spread only spreads 3 fingers.

Left hand :

Grasp, spread and thumb grasp are missing.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:08 PM

@tonyvilters. I'd suggest that you ask for your money back then if you are that unhappy with the figure.. oh wait....

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:35 PM

Just trying to give constructive feedback sir.

We welcome all new Poser figures, and sometimes feedback is required so that everybody can learn something all together. Of course, I could write private messages, but the general purpose is that EVERYBODY learns something from the feedback given.

I know all too well that building a figure is very-very hard to do, and there are soo many things to look out for, so many small and large traps to fall into, soo many long and hard hrs staring at the screen.

So many download, look, and shut up. I try to give public constructive feedback, with facts and figures and screengrabs if possible, so that eveybody learns something.

Trust me, I know how hard and time consuming this is.

@ adh3d

So sorry if you feel offended. That is not the purpose. Please look at video 1 of the Poser2Blender2 Poser series on how to import a obj file in Blender. (second part for the full object file) The correct export-import settings for Poser obj files in Blender

Then import your obj file, and goto => Edit mode => Mesh => Snap to Symmetry.

As a second check => Edit => Mesh => Vertices => Remove doubles.

best regards, Tony

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:51 PM

Aw vilters, give it a rest. If ya wanna tear the guy's model apart, the least ya can do is show some respect and do it thru private messages. However, he's already told you he's not interested in your "help", so why waste your time? You could be doing something else with it ;). If ya wanna help ppl, do it in a way that won't potentially embarrass them.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:53 PM

FrankT posted at 3:52PM Thu, 08 September 2016 - #4282588

@tonyvilters. I'd suggest that you ask for your money back then if you are that unhappy with the figure.. oh wait....

😄

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 2:56 PM

@adh3d: thank you for the gift of the figure and of your time :).

Laurie

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 3:13 PM

Hi, all the opinions are welcome, but please, don't take this post to a discussion to no way.😃

About the symmetry , I know there are parts that are not symmetrical, I tell you that I model it with mirror in wings3d, but them, I use to make some changes in the mesh and it comes not exactly symmetrical, but as I tell you, it can make the work of a content creator a little more difficult, but it is not a bad thing, in my opinion to the final user that want to make renders with figure, because nobody in the real world is symmetrical at all, and I think this gives the figure a better "view".

About the money back, sorry guys, my prices policy is not to back the money 😆

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 7:08 PM

Download adman v2 figure, slips, t-shirt and socks.

click here and enjoy it !

promo.jpg

adh3d website

boudicca36 ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2016 at 3:45 PM

Thank you, now that there are some clothes I have downloaded the model too.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2016 at 6:59 PM

And more to come the next days 😄

adh3d website

EarthCrone ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2016 at 9:44 PM

Thanks for your contribution! Although I don't usually do male clothing I have few old projects for males that I'm planning to convert to newer figures. So I'll be downloading your guy and his undies 👍

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2016 at 10:48 AM

CatherineTodd that would be great, tell me if you need something.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2016 at 3:20 PM · edited Sat, 10 September 2016 at 3:20 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Some renders of the FBMs included, first, the "less muscular and stronger"

stronger_less-min.png

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2016 at 3:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

And now, the fat FBM and the "default" with the body hair materials.

fat hair-min.png

The light used in the both renders is the great Antonia polygon portrait light.

adh3d website

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2016 at 1:58 AM
Forum Coordinator

Good development. Thank you for sharing. I try to give new figures a sort of 'welcome' present in the form of a personalized version of some clothing items from my collection. Girls are easy but there is less choice for men. Will see what I can find. His homestead is here at Rendo?

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2016 at 11:14 AM · edited Sun, 11 September 2016 at 11:14 AM

Yes here at Renderosity and in my site.

adh3d website

Kendra ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2016 at 12:15 PM

Nice. Thanks!

...... Kendra

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2016 at 7:02 PM

Thank you 😃

New item for the Poser adman v2 figure, this time shorts and sandals. Take a look here and and enjoy it!

1.png

adh3d website

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2016 at 11:33 PM

Does he surf?

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 7:20 AM · edited Mon, 12 September 2016 at 7:20 AM

Perhaps he needs some learning, but with the time and a surfboard ... 😄

adh3d website

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 3:28 PM · edited Mon, 12 September 2016 at 3:28 PM

adh3d posted at 4:26PM Mon, 12 September 2016 - #4283096

Perhaps he needs some learning, but with the time and a surfboard ... 😄

Working on it. 😉

boards.png

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 4:24 PM
Scharmers ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2016 at 7:12 PM

Wow, way to slap down tonyvitters' constructive criticism, people.

I, for one, am sure that if I released a figure that might cause Poser to choke later down the line, and someone gently pointed this stuff out to me, I sure wouldn't show them the back of my hand.

Wow.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2016 at 9:19 PM · edited Tue, 13 September 2016 at 9:25 PM

Scharmers posted at 11:20AM Wed, 14 September 2016 - #4283290

I, for one, am sure that if I released a figure that might cause Poser to choke later down the line, and someone gently pointed this stuff out to me, I sure wouldn't show them the back of my hand.

Wow.

I believe people are more worried about the 'Baby being thrown out with the bath water." again so to speak. Sometimes even the best intentioned "constructive criticism" can have the effect of being more like destructive criticism and tend to see creators broken on the granite steps that lead to an often unattainable myth of standardised perfection of figure creation. While some enjoy nothing more than an overly zealous and in depth critique of any figure offering, it often turns into more of a Post Mortem then a therapeutic analysis, leaving the creator to carry the burden of his/her peers while being crucified in the public forums for daring to present a substandard specimen to the masses, for free.

Is this worry rational?

Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship? THREAD MAY 2015

Maybe have a look at this thread regarding the Scarlet figure released by Sixus1. And ask yourself did this in depth deconstruction of the figure ultimately help the creator and that figures success? Is it worth repeating the process over and over? Why did the creator choose to remain absent from the thread? Did this thread undermine or provide support to the figures creator?

While figure standards are definitely important and may effect the compatibility, supportability and long term viability of a figure there is an appropriate way of raising these issues with content creators. And I don't think rolling over a public thread is the best way to represent everyone's interests on this subject.

Courtesy would be respecting the opening poster and creators wishes or perhaps contacting him privately via PM if anyone wishes to help him out on specific technical issues or offer their expert advice with the figure.

From what I can tell adh3d wants to keep this thread for info regarding his new free 3D figure and it's accessories.

I believe the appropriate response to adh3d at this point would be Thankyou. ;)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2016 at 10:05 PM

Don't know I've ever seen Sixus1 on this forum. Sixus1 is one of the top 10 CGI Artist with out a doubt thou. He has killer characters.

I swear Poser hates me .I have yet to get Adman in to Poser. Got Adman1,2 in C4D. Adman's a young motivated CGI Artist ,He will learn it all over the decades. Ya never know he might be are new DAZ in a year or two.

I have very limited skills with Poser .Hope Tony's still around to teach me to rig my characters.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 11:37 AM

Scharmers posted at 12:15PM Wed, 14 September 2016 - #4283290

Wow.

Hi, first, adman v2 is not going to choke or broke or collapse anything, the figure works ok in Poser, just donwload it , yes it is free, you can download it without pay anything and them, after see if Poser choke, break or something, express your opinion .

tonyvilters tell a "constructive" opinion and it is welcome for my part, what I said is that the "problems" he find, symmetry for example, it is not a real problem for people are going to use the figure ( only make a little , yes, a little hard for creators to make morphs or clothes), I have to ad that nobody has a symmetrical body in the real world so I try to model the figure following that real world rules. The other "problem" he say that can cause problems when you create clothes, I think this is not the case, because I am creating clothes for him now without a problem, and if I understand well, It is more a problem of the Poser setup room itself, so please , if you want, send this to SM.

He tells I don't follow the "creator figure standards", them he talks about more than 3 figures with the same thing, so I think it is an odd standard that many figures don't follow.

I am open, here in this thread or by PM, email.. to listen any problem or just opinions about the figure, and of course I am going to try to fix them , but problems that affect the using of the figure by the art creators, I don't going to change things as move the teeth several pixels to the right, or something similar, because I create the figure that way willfully.

I do not want to offend anyone, but if someone has so clear how to make a "standard figure", just make it and share to the community, everyone would be happy, me included, instead of telling the same things in every new figure thread. This is my opinion and ,as any other opinion, welcome in this thread.

adh3d website

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 11:46 AM

Thanks for the adman V2 figure, he will fit just right with the other products of yours that I own as well as others keep up the Great work. TC

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 12:53 PM

Thank you 😃

A new free cloth for him, this time jeans, take a look here

jeans_promo.jpg

adh3d website

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 3:30 PM

To be honest, I HAVE thought about making a figure, but that's going to be a year or two down the road probably before I would even attempt to tackle that. And in this charged atmosphere, even if I knew I could put together a breathtaking figure, I'm not sure I'd want to.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 6:51 AM

Hello, and a good morning to all.

Building a new Poser figure is probably the hardest thing one can do, and I have the highest respect for everybody walking this road to create his/her new figure and to share it with the Poser community.

That being said, we live in 2016, and we have to look forward.

There are some old discussions like "Where to put the obj file?" In the Geometries folder or next to the cr2?

Well, Smith Micro stopped the use of the Geometries folder for figures around 8 years ago.

The same goes for the object files.

Some 20 years ago, it was all loose groups and Poser used its internal rewelding system to get the groups to form a figure. => That was 20 years ago.

Then come the upgrades and evolutions, and the newer features like conforming clothing, morphs and morph transfer, the fitting room and so on all work (or break depending on the initial quality of the obj file) .

Poser did not help either. The OP is correct that Poser "breaks" an object file at obj file export, or the very moment you touch the setup- or the fitting room with it.

As of today, september 2016, Poser is still unable to save a properly grouped and welded object file. => The only thing one can do with Poser saved object files is to DELETE them, and replace them with a good one.

During all these years of weld cracks, groups being welded and unwelded, some clever guys and gals came with scripts to make life better. => PML was one of them.

Those scripts are all ways "hacks" to be able to work with "broken" object files, but it is 10 year old technology.

Again, I agree with the OP that it all works in Poser. And that's because Poser maintained compatibility with this "old and obsolete tech" of welding, unwelding and rewelding.

Looking at the future. => We all hope that somewhere in the future Poser will stop breaking object files and we can continue working with properly grouped AND welded object files.

SM knows this issue all too well and let us hope that one of the next Poser versions will find a "cure" for this problem.

Best regards, Tony

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 6:52 AM

PS, I did not put that line in BOLD !!! Renderosity did that. !!!!!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 8:43 AM

Well, Tony, you say they know of the problems. Why don't they fix it then? And as you know, I've made several post inquiries regarding geometry files in the past. While SM might no longer require the geometry files to go in the geometry folder, it seems some stores not only insist on it, they require it from their content makers.

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 10:16 AM · edited Thu, 15 September 2016 at 10:19 AM

Geometry folder, really ?, in this thread, make a new thread and tell everybody where to put the geometry figures files, sure there was people for all the opinions, but here, really ?

I don't mind if we do that way 20 years ago, tell me a mad man, but I like to get all the files ordered by folders, than all the files in a only one folder, anyway, the figure works equally well putting on the geometry either side but I think surreal discuss this in an issue like this , but hey! , opinions are free.

I have to add that a process has more years or less, don't make that process better or worst, and another thing, most of people using Poser to create art, they care a cucumber in what folder where the geometries are located 😄 .

But as I said before, if you want to "discuss" things like that, open other thread , it was a great thread for sure among other Poser process, but I don't think this is an issue the adman figure.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2016 at 3:55 PM

You can download a pair of shoes for him.

Take a look here and enjoy it !

adh3d website

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2016 at 12:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

EClark1894 posted at 1:45AM Sat, 17 September 2016 - #4283375

To be honest, I HAVE thought about making a figure, but that's going to be a year or two down the road probably before I would even attempt to tackle that. And in this charged atmosphere, even if I knew I could put together a breathtaking figure, I'm not sure I'd want to.

To hell with the atmosphere ,Be adh3d Be fearless.

The biggest cridicks can't even show you a cube they modeled.

In stead of crucifying characters ,crucify cridicks :)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2016 at 12:55 AM

adh3d posted at 1:55AM Sat, 17 September 2016 - #4283499

You can download a pair of shoes for him.

Take a look here and enjoy it !

Cool ,Thanks

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2016 at 12:57 AM

Wow, this is a considerable project. Thank you, adh3d. :D

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2016 at 9:26 AM

Thanks to you 😄

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2016 at 7:54 PM · edited Sun, 18 September 2016 at 7:55 PM

This is the first wip image of this commercial pack I am preparing for him. I am using other light this time for this render.

You can see in this render the bodysuit, more updates for this pack and other things soon,

695-min.png

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2016 at 6:43 PM

You can download now a free driving Poser for my jetbike and adman v2 here.

Enjoy it!jet-pose-main.jpg

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2016 at 8:52 AM

Get the 30 frames animated cycles, running and walking for the adman v2 figure.

click here to download it

Enjoy it

adh3d website

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2016 at 9:44 AM

Christmas came early!!!! Thank you so much for everything you have done in getting v2 out there. I've downloaded him and a few of his clothing items. I will be supporting him with a few of my own things in the coming weeks.

I have been waiting for this day. Thank you again adh3d!!!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.