Wed, Sep 18, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Character morph information lost?

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 5:07 AM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:21 PM

Hi guys,

Another question, I have a custom morphed character of V7. When I start VWD and set character as collision the V7 reverts to base V7 as if no morphs were applied to it, the character seems smoothed out. Then I set cloth up and simulate it... send simulation of cloth back to daz. Now close VWD and the characters morphs that I had originally before it got smoothed out come back and the VWD cloth does not fit anymore. Can someone reproduce? I'll try it with another character in the meantime.

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 5:25 AM

Just tried it again. Its very subtle but I dont think its morphs. I think its something else.

I think VWD cannot reproduce the character vertices like they are in daz studio perfectly. As soon as you hit the set as collision button and then collision for the second time. When VWD is importing the mesh information for the character there is a smoothing that happens in the daz viewport. When VWD is closed the smoothing thats present on the character in daz goes away again.

philemot ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 5:34 AM

There's a simple explanation. Collision objects are sent to VWD in their non subdivided form (for performance issue). If morph is set on the subdivided form, it's lost when the subdivision is deactivated. When VWD terminates, the subdivision is enabled again and the morph reappear.

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 6:01 AM

Is this method encoded through the bridge? or is it needed for VWD? If so is there anyway to have the subdivided morphed mesh get sent over? It would be quite useful and most of my database is custom HD meshes.

philemot ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 7:19 AM

It's needed by VWD. Subdivided meshes are causing crashes in simulation. It's not specific to the bridge, it also exists in the poser version.

janrendo ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 4:00 AM

Thanks for the explanation Philemot. I started in Daz studio when Genesis 3 was released and built character sets around HD morphs for a lot of my custom characters and unfortunately I can't VWD because of this issue at the moment. Are you guys going to work on this or is this pretty much impossible to implement at the moment?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 2:48 PM ยท edited Wed, 07 September 2016 at 2:51 PM

Hello janrento,

In fact, this is not so simple. VWD has been written for Poser and in Poser I never found a solution to keep the subdivision using the DSON Importer so the Genesis 1 and 2 characters were exported in VWD with a low resolution. In Daz Studio, I certainly said to Philemot to use the same way to avoid some problems in the program. Currently, I make some tests using an old version of the bridge written by Philemot. This bridge don't reduce the mesh resolution and I can import a mesh with its default resolution (1) into VWD. Today, I've made a test and I was able to import Genesis 3 with a high resolution (2). The character is imported correctly and the animation works fine. I can make a video showing this.

This problem of low resolution for the collision object is my fault. I will send a mail to Philemot to explain that and ask him if it is possible to remove this function in the bridge. We will have to make some tests, of course.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

janrendo ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2016 at 4:47 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the in depth information VWD, i'm glad to see this is being worked on. I hope the tests go well :)

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 6:39 PM

Hi janrendo, Philemot wrote a new version that restore the subdivision. All seems to work correctly even in high resolution(2). The simulation speed is not so different.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

janrendo ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2016 at 4:37 PM

Thats great, how long till its available?

philemot ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hi Janrendo,

I've requested a product update from rendo. I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 4:22 PM

Great thank you very much guys :)

janrendo ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 7:19 PM

Just a quick note to let you guys know. The new software update is working very well for me indeed. Many thanks guys.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.