Wed, Sep 18, 2:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Help for bug

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2016 at 2:35 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:43 PM

Beemeekay and Mythico have found a bug in VWD. This bug is detailled in the thread "Errors And Potential Bugs: Please Post Errors In This Thread".

The hair tab opens when several collision objects are present in the scene. I've made a video showing the workflow that generates the bug on their computers. Here the link of this video : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9c39Rz2Ec-JMUN4OHJmbkp5bWs

As you will see in the video, this bug is not present on my computer.

I've made some research in the program and I don't understand how this can happen. There is no relation between the list box and the opening of the hair tab.

I want to resolve this problem, but I cannot generate this error. I ask to all the persons who have this problem to reply to this thread. This would allow to perhaps find a relation between the persons who have this problem and in this case, this will allow to correct it.

I thank you all for this help.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2016 at 9:19 AM

Hello Gรฉrald

made the test and everything works fine for me!! G3F as collision Dress as clothe Cube as collision

test.jpg

Noneya72 ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2016 at 8:46 AM

I have done some testing on this and I may have noticed some things that may help.

1. The problem seems to be related to Genesis 2. So far I have only had it happen with FW Savannah HD from DAZ and Desideria Hair also from DAZ.

2. When loading the hair VWD does not ask which collision actor.

I will test some more later but maybe this will help.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2016 at 2:45 PM ยท edited Thu, 22 September 2016 at 2:46 PM

@Noneya72 : Thank you for your help. When you loaded the hair, had you imported several collision objects? If there is only one collision actor, VWD don't ask on which collision actor the hair has to be attached. The problem seems to be the opening of the hair Tab without importing a hair actor. Have you had this problem?

npayn ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2016 at 9:52 AM

I do not get that error. Tested (as per workflow in video) using G2 and G3 with different cloth items and props/primitives. I also tried adding multiple collision items. With multiple collision items I also tried adding them in different sequence (e.g. collision cloth collision and cloth collision collision) (note: adding them before running a simulation).

I did not get the hair Tab opening without importing a hair actor.

I did however come across a couple of other issues which I will investigate further and report in the "Errors And Potential Bugs: Please Post Errors In This Thread" thread if they prove to be a program related issue.

Tested using VWD (version1.0.408.2976), Daz to VWD (VWDPython.dse version4.8 plugin version1.4.0.114), Python (version3.6.0a4 64bit), DAZ (64bit versions 4.9.2.70 and 4.9.3.71publicbuild) Windows10 64bit

Noneya72 ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2016 at 4:23 PM

I think I might have misunderstood the problem and the one I had thought I found doesn't seem to exist today. If I manage to reproduce either one I will let you know.

npayn ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2016 at 10:01 PM

Have found that another of my PC's does have this error (hair Tab opening without importing a hair actor). Happens for both DAZ 64bit versions 4.9.2.70 and 4.9.3.71publicbuild.

Tested with exactly same scenes as on PC that does not have the error. PC with error has VWD in same location as on PC that does not have the error. PC with error has same software versions as PC that does not have the error. Tested using VWD (version1.0.408.2976), Daz to VWD (VWDPython.dse version4.8 plugin version1.4.0.114), Python (version3.6.0a4 64bit), DAZ (64bit versions 4.9.2.70 and 4.9.3.71publicbuild) Windows10 64bit (PC without error is a Win10 Preview version). Both PC's are Intel CPUs with Nvidia GPUs (both PCs are currently running save Nvidia driver and version).

I have tried Delete all Exchange files, and also manually deleting all files in Exchange folder. I have tried Restore Default Parameters. I have tried copying VWD INI file from PC without error to PC with error. No change to error.

npayn ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2016 at 3:38 AM

Significantly or not here is what I have noted on the PC where the hair tab opening without importing a hair actor:

If the user opens the Simulation parameters tab the Hair parameters tab closes and no longer opens when user clicks on any item in Host List.

The VWD program opens with part of its window outside of the main screen window (off to the right).

1 VWD error initial position.png

The tabs initially don't arrange themselves evenly (i.e. they don't all have the same height and there are gaps below the Collision parameters and Vertices parameters tabs).

2 VWD error initial button heights.png

3 VWD error buttons appear shot.png

When the user clicks these tabs they assume a shorter height than they their initial height. A second click is required to open these tabs initially. After they have been opened only a single long click is required to open them.

Note that both the PCs are running the same screen resolutions.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2016 at 4:37 PM

@npayn : many, many thanks for your very precise description of the problem. I will make some tests and I will try to reproduce this error. I will give informations as soon as I understand this issue.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2016 at 2:21 PM

@npayn : Excuse me, I don't manage to generate this error. Could you make a video showing the error? All the screen parameters are the same for the two PC? What happens if you right click on the "Scene import" tab, 2 times. This should reduce the VWD interface to the size of the "Scene import" header at the first click and expand the VWD interface at its normal size, at the second click.

npayn ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2016 at 6:37 AM

VWD, Sorry I have not checked back with this thread. Try changing your screen setting for the "size of text, apps and other items" from 100% change it to 300%. In windows10 go to Settings > System > Display "Change the size of text, apps and other items:" use the slider to change size.
The default is 100%. On the system with the fault I have it set to 300%. The reason I had it set to 300% is that on a high resolution (4K) screen at 100% some text and icons are too small to read easily. Changing it to 300% makes it much easier to read fine text items. If I change the setting back to the default (100%) the fault goes away.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2016 at 12:51 PM

Hello npayn, thank you for all your tests. I understand the error because the program uses the size of the tab to define if it is open or not. I will make some tests to see how to resolve this problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.