Thu, Sep 19, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Freezing Parameter Dials?

Fauvist ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2016 at 2:48 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:55 AM

I've been using Poser 2012 Pro. It developed the habit of having the dials in the Parameters pane freeze - for which the only solution I've found is to shut down Poser (often loosing unsaved changes) and reopen the program. It'll work for 20 minutes, then the Parameter dials will all freeze again. It's caused me to abandon Poser and use DAZ Studio. My question is, do the Parameter dials freeze in Poser 11 too?

lwperkins ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2016 at 3:25 PM

I am just guessing here, but it sounds like it's memory cache is filling up? (a smarter person than I might have a better answer), but look in your Preferences and see how many undos you have set in there, and try turning it down to three; and that might help. If you are running a lot of dynamic cloth simulations that gets memory intensive fast too, because Poser seems to remember everything and save it in the Sim file. I found in PoserPro I got some weird things happening if the Libraries were too full; moving things to an external Runtime seemed to help. I hope someone else adds to this, when Poser works it's great..not so great when it doesn't!

Nagra_00_ ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2016 at 11:41 AM

It does from time to time. I found another solution when this happens. You don't have to shut down Poser. Just start a partial render (only tested with FireFly). You can cancel the render as soon as it started to render and the dials do work again. Same helps in case Poser becomes laggy when using the morph brush...

Fauvist ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2016 at 2:48 PM

Thank you both! I'll try your ideas.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2016 at 10:01 AM

Thanks - this has been driving me crazy.

I haven't reported it as a bug because it is intermittent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.