Wed, Sep 18, 2:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: New functions for VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2016 at 6:01 PM

I am writing a new version which will improve the interface.

Many people asked me to have the opportunity to define recorded parameters for the creation of a dynamic object and for the rigidification.

The new version will use the RIP files to create these presets.

A RIP file could be use to make the complete scene import as now, but It could be used at the time the creation of a cloth or a hair and at the time of the rigidification of a dynamic object. If the "Import cloth" tab or the "Import hair" tab is open, the reading of a RIP file will only update the parameters in the interface. ditto for the rigidification.

It will be possible to generate a reference simulation and use it for all the times you want to create this kind of simulation. I began to write some presets "RIP" files, named "!VWD Floating hair", "!VWD Solf cloth", "!VWD Stiff cloth". The "!VWD" prefix being here to be sure these presets will at the beginning of the combo box. You can introdure numbers if you want in order these presets. These presets, as the other RIP files will be in the "Recorded import" directory.

Tell me if this solution is correct for you.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2016 at 4:43 AM · edited Mon, 25 July 2016 at 4:49 AM

This sounds great Gerald; Would we be able to edit the files (eg: !VWD Solf cloth) and copy them to make our own customised presets? That would be awesome. :)

I ask, as I often make the waist section of a skirt different to the other parts, and the skirt itself maybe stiffer than the bodice; and the collar and cuffs different again. It can get tedious to type in all the different settings.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2016 at 7:05 AM

Hello Writers_Block, first, have you received the last version (1.0.408.2976)?

The RIP files are fully modifiable.

To create a new RIP file, there are two ways :

• Taking an existing RIP file in the "Recorded imports" folder and modify it. It is a text file, but you have to keep the syntax.
  • Creating a new simulation. The RIP file will be automatically saved when the program closes. The name of the file is the name of the dynamic object followed by a date.
    • then you can go to the "Recorded Imports" folder and rename the file.
    • you can also enter a new name in the combo box. This new RIP file will be visible the next time you will launch VWD.

If you want to apply several rigidifications using RIP files, you will have to create several RIP file named differently because the first line corresponding to the interface will be took into account. You will have to create "! Top dress rigidification.rip" and "Bottom dress rigidification.rip", making two different simulations.

I hope my explanations are clear.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2016 at 6:43 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 12:42AM Tue, 26 July 2016 - #4277230

Hello Writers_Block, first, have you received the last version (1.0.408.2976)?

The RIP files are fully modifiable.

To create a new RIP file, there are two ways :

• Taking an existing RIP file in the "Recorded imports" folder and modify it. It is a text file, but you have to keep the syntax.
  • Creating a new simulation. The RIP file will be automatically saved when the program closes. The name of the file is the name of the dynamic object followed by a date.
    • then you can go to the "Recorded Imports" folder and rename the file.
    • you can also enter a new name in the combo box. This new RIP file will be visible the next time you will launch VWD.

If you want to apply several rigidifications using RIP files, you will have to create several RIP file named differently because the first line corresponding to the interface will be took into account. You will have to create "! Top dress rigidification.rip" and "Bottom dress rigidification.rip", making two different simulations.

I hope my explanations are clear.

Yes thank I have receive it, but I can't simulate hair with it, only cloth; I posted in another thread.

I reverted to the old version so I can do hair as well as cloth. Not sure why, but I posted the error I get.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2016 at 4:21 PM

The next version is quite finished. For the next week, I want to work on the documentation so it contains all the new functions and the new possibilities in the interface.

After several tests, the "Inflate" and the "Force Field" functions will be very helpful in many cases.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2016 at 4:52 PM

good news

Mythico ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2016 at 9:59 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:58AM Mon, 03 October 2016 - #4285334

The next version is quite finished. For the next week, I want to work on the documentation so it contains all the new functions and the new possibilities in the interface.

After several tests, the "Inflate" and the "Force Field" functions will be very helpful in many cases.

Good to know...cheers...

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2016 at 5:22 PM · edited Mon, 03 October 2016 at 5:29 PM

A shrink function to be enabled in two axis independently. That would be something I could use.

Also something to lock to top view, side view or front view.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.