Thu, Sep 19, 8:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Problems getting Queue Manager to work in a network

3-d-c ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2016 at 6:12 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:46 AM

Hi

i am struggeling getting the queue manager to work for me. I use two machines, whereas i use my main for modelling etc and want to use the second as a background render engine and keep my main PC free from render stuff (since i need to do a lot of rest ones there too). Well essentially i got that far:

• I have queue manager installed on both
  • i have firewalls configured to ignore the ports and the app but tested it without the firewalls too
  • i send a job to queue on my main PC
  • Queue manager on main PC gets the job, says "HOST - LOCAL"
  • Queue manager on second PC recognizes that something is going on and says "Discovery Querey from 192.168.0.100 (Main PC) port 4418 .... 1 Proc avaliable
  • Jobs are only rendered on main PC
  • it doesnt matter if i add more jobs to the queue, they all wait until the next one on the main PC is finished and all show "HOST - LOCAL"
  • it doesnt matter if i check or uncheck "Process Jobs Locally" on my main PC

so, it appears they talk to each other, but there is no job going over to the second PC.

Any help is highly appriciated!

thanks! 3-D-C

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

3-d-c ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2016 at 8:56 AM

Sorry folks, problem resolved. It was actually after all a firewall issue on my second PC (even though i was convinced i turned that off!)

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.