Sat, Oct 5, 1:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: World War uniforms for Victoria 4

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2016 at 1:49 PM

love the jacket I was just thinking that those epaulets are too flimsy(but they are only 1 poly thick!)

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

3Dave ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2016 at 7:45 AM

@Rosemaryr Enjoy your rest while you can get it, look forward to seeing the next part of this project whenever you get round to it. Re-reading the thread dredged up an ancient memory, a little search found this reference image of a WAAF holding copies of Capt. W. E. Johns' "Worrals of The WAAF" novels, as a keen Biggles reader in my pre-teens I also read Worrals stories, w-e-johns-worrals-at-the-raf-museum.jpg

3Dave ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2016 at 7:48 AM

The same search also found a picture with shoes, though not very clearlyWaaf001.jpg

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2016 at 12:10 PM

and no epaulets

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2016 at 2:43 AM

The buttons seem fine on the shirt. May we see the jacket?

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2016 at 3:16 PM · edited Mon, 07 November 2016 at 3:18 PM

Epauletes/no epaulets... pretty much determined by the specific service branch/country. I put them on as an separate material option, so if you don't want them showing, just make them 100% transparent, or delete by material choice. The thickness thing... once I get the MD version out, there can be a thickness to them, but Poser and it's cloth room get twitchy with too many layers trying to be lying on top of each other... multiple layers don't do well, in other words.

The buttons get into another area where Poser gets twitchy. Sometimes the buttons work right (as they did for the shirt) and sometimes not (the jacket buttons wouldn't stay on the jacket, or else never imported properly in the first place, no matter what I tried.) The option for making buttons is new to this latest version of MD, and I'm not surprised at the fact that they are not stable on export, yet. Since these are freebie items, I couldn't justify the effort of hammering the problem into total Poser submission at this time.

Good news, I have some days off this week, so I'll be back soon, with some more versions.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.