Thu, Sep 19, 10:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Fitting and creating clothing for scaled figures. Is it possible?

flyerx ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2016 at 4:27 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

Using Poser 11 Pro (windows)

Before I waste any more time I would like to know the following : Can I fit or create clothing for a figure with independently scaled groups? I do not care if it does not fit the original unscaled figure. For example stephanie 4 has several morphs that scale the limbs and the torso independently (under proportions in the parameters). Any clothing I try to fit breaks the instant the scaling is applied. I have used the conforming options in the properties tab so that is not the issue. Include scales seems to work only for full body scaling.

I have used the fitting room many times successfully but that only works with un-scaled original figures. Any time I use the deformed or scaled base figure it gives me clothing that does not fit at all and completely off scale.

Also transferring morphs does not help as the problem is the scaling. Morphs transfer and work properly when the base figure has no groups scaled independently.

This reminds me why I use dynamic clothing most of the time.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2016 at 6:42 PM

I haven't tried this yet, but I believe that the smooth transition feature introduced in Poser Pro 11might accomplish what you are looking for. There are some more information in the Manuel and the software tutorials at Smith Micro. I am not on my work machine so I can't provide links at the moment.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

tonyvilters ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2016 at 7:30 AM

I remember that one of the requirements is that the figure has to be weightmapped.

Load your figure, goto Figure (top menu) and click on "Merge All zones to Weight Maps", then save your figure back to Library. (Adjust the weightmaps if required) Then load your figure, and scale the groups/bones you want to scale up or down. Then drag-drop-conform your (also weightmapped clothing) with all options in its parameters palette checked ON.

That way the clothing will follow all scales as you wish. best regards, Tony

tonyvilters ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2016 at 7:34 AM

PS, If your clothing "cracks open at the welds? You have a clothing that is not properly grouped and welded.

Bring the clothing in a 3D app to properly weld all the vertex groups. (Blender can do that for you)

To check for a properly welded obj file? => Check Video 4 of my "Poser2Blender2Poser" series on YouTube.

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2016 at 10:27 PM

You could try the easy solution of course: In the body properties of the clothing check "include scales". This will fit the scaling of the conformed figure to the figure it is conformed to (Stephany 4 scale morphs work fine).

There is one exception - some clothing (like 3D-Age) has their own scaling fitting morphs, in this case you have to set the Include Scales off.

This from a long time user of the S4 scaling morphs

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.