Wed, Sep 18, 10:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Adding clothes

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2017 at 11:04 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:13 AM

Hello,

I am new to Poser and have added a couple of garments to my figure. The garments popped up on the figure but I needed to adjust their position and size to make them fit. Is this normal?

Also, when I change the pose, the clothes stay where they were. They don't change with it. Is this normal? Shouldn't the clothes change with the pose?

donnena ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2017 at 11:14 AM

if you drag and drop the clothing onto the figure, it will conform for you and stick to the figure as the figure moves. Newer clothing will grow and shrink some with the figure if the vendor has used the same morphs you are using!

Happy Rendering!

;>

Andy!

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2017 at 12:29 PM

Hi Andy, Thanks.

What about my 2nd question? If I change the pose of the figure, the clothes don't move with it? Thank you in advance.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2017 at 3:41 PM

Judging by the second question, the clothing appear to be conforming. As a follow up to donnena's answer, once you conform the clothing as described, it will follow the figure when you apply a pose. However, this isn't necessarily the correct way to work with conforming clothing. First, you pose your figure then conform the clothing to the figure. This procedure should minimize pokethrough if the clothing morphs match the figure.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Sun, 08 January 2017 at 5:36 PM
Online Now!

I have made you a mini tutorial with screen shots and tips.

Step01.jpg

Step02.jpg

Step03.jpg

Step04.jpg

Step05.jpg

Step06.jpg

Step07.jpg

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 6:45 AM · edited Mon, 09 January 2017 at 6:46 AM

Hey Spookie,

Thanks for the guidance. I was able to get some of the clothes to follow the pose, but the boots didn't. (Please see the attached picture.)

As I am a newbie to Poser, I wonder if I can ask, I am a set designer in the film industry and am wanting to use poser to create clothed figures in specific poses to use in 3d models of my sets (I use Rhino). I am not super picky about the clothes, meaning I don't have to create a specific wardrobe for each of my figures, but would probably be fine with predressed men, women, children, etc. in different outfits (businessman, causal, etc.) and then use Poser to adjust their pose before exporting as an obj.
Is there any way I can find these predressed figures, that already have their clothes conformed to them and that follow their pose correctly?

Thank you.

Ryan.PNG

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 12:24 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

It looks like those boots/ pants weren't made for Ryan. Or possibly they were made for the other ryan. Poser comes with 2 ryans and 2 alisons. ryan2 is weightmapped and can't wear the older ryan's clothes without conversion. Sorry I can't be more specific. I don't have poser in front of me. I don't know of any predressed figures other than the ones that come with poser but You can make your own. Load your figure. load clothes for him. conform the clothes. Save your clothed figure to the library. Poser will ask if you want to save just the figure or the whole group. Choose the whole group. when you load the figure, the clothes will load with it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 1:24 PM

Thank you, RedPhantom. I appreciate it.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 4:39 PM

The only series of pre-dressed figures can be found @ DAZ3d, the Lorenzo Lorez figures. They work in both DAZStudio and Poser, but they are not free.

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2017 at 4:46 PM

Thank you, hborre. That's quite a selection.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.