Tue, Oct 22, 12:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: What are subdividing materials?

azl ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 8:38 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:43 AM

What exactly are subdividing materials and how do you make them? Or better yet, can someone point me to tutorials that explains these concepts Thanks. azl

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 8:58 PM

It's a method of applying texture maps to bodyparts separately using a Pose file Hack similar to MATpose files. The best way to learn how to create one is to purchase the set DAZ brokers for Anton and have a look inside. It does kind of make a mess out of the CR2 when applied, but it works well enough. -JH.

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 12:32 AM

It is hard to clean up if you want to go back to regular materials, I think. Each body part has it's own complete set of material settings, including the ones you don't need, right down to each individual finger segment. I'd really like to see a perfect conforming set of stockings that morph with V2 competently rather then go the route of adding new materials. Also, considering lace is transparent in spots, you may have a clash of skin tone with this technique unless you personally modify the maps. -WTB

JOE LE GECKO ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 4:26 AM

to reset subdividing material poses, just create an empty MAT file ( texture, bump... pointing to "NO_MAP" ) and put the material id to 0 on all body parts... it will reverse your model to the first texture but I don't know how to get rid of all the body parts materials... joelegecko

azl ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 8:13 AM

Thanks everyone -- I just saw a subdividing MAT file and it turned out I was making them all along. Just didn't know that that's what they're called. You could also just reapply the original texture to get rid of the subdivided MAT pose, right? azl

JOE LE GECKO ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 9:28 AM

no, because the subdividing MAT pose may have changed the "custom material" from 0 to 1 ( or 2, or 3, or ... :) so the original texture is here but in the "channel" 0, so by making a blank subdividing MAT ( pointing to "NO_MAP" for keeping the original maps ) and specifying "custom material 0" to switch back to the original state... in fact, you can make a full body subd MAT pose file in order to clean the whole figure with two clicks :) joelegecko

TJ ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 3:11 AM

Just to clarify... If I use a subdivide mat pose I know I cant reapply a texture , but If I make a new subdivide pose file that sets all custom materials back to 0 and apply no map ,this puts it back in order so then I can control things from the material editor again? Looking at the files I notice some of the custom materials are set to different values...not all set to 1 so what do the different numbers specify?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.