Thu, Sep 19, 8:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser Pro 11 Suddenly Won't Launch

IslandMan6 ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2017 at 11:33 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:41 AM

I installed PP11 several weeks ago on Win 7 and it worked fine. Suddenly, today, it wouldn't launch. No soft/hardware changes, nothing that would account for this. Trashed the prefs file, nothing. Uninstalled it, restarted, re-installed, restarted, updated to latest version, restarted, nothing. It's insane, it just won't start up and I'm on the verge of busting my left mouse button. Any help or suggestions would be sincerely welcome and genuinely appreciated.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 7:47 AM

Did you install the latest Service Release?

IslandMan6 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 9:20 AM

Yes, I did. I also installed both the 64 and 32 bit versions. I also tried both in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Nothing.

donnena ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 11:00 AM

Do you have Auto updates turned on?
You've done the reasonable stuff....
Have you opened a ticket with Smith Micro? I've had wonderful service from their tech support!

;>

Andy!

IslandMan6 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2017 at 11:09 AM

I did actually send SM an email yesterday and hope to hear from them when they open. I strongly suspect this is something to do with my system, and I'm considering getting a new PC just for Poser and 3D and keeping the old one for everything else.

I've had Poser since right before 4 came out, and bugs, weirdness, and inexplicable events have always been part of my Poser experience, but this is beyond anything I've seen before. I guess I will just hang on till I hear from SM. Glad to hear your experiences with them have been good, it gives me hope, because right now this has just cost me an illustration job.

Thanks for your responses and my best wishes for a wonderful new year.

smacm ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2017 at 5:12 PM

Just had similar problem with Poser 11 Pro on Windows 10 -- sudden failure to launch. Have e-mailed SM. I suspect a Windows update issue.

IslandMan6 ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2017 at 6:45 PM · edited Tue, 10 January 2017 at 6:48 PM

This is what was suggested to me on the SM forum and it worked: First, type out your serial number and save the text file so you can copy and paste in the following process, since you may have to do it more than once: (1) Go to your Programs folder on your C drive; (2) make invisible system folders visible (I don't know how to do this in W10); (3) Look for a folder named Program Data. Open it. (4) Look inside for a folder named "Poser". Delete it. (5) Re-launch Poser and you will be prompted for your name, s/n, and email. That worked for me.

smacm ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2017 at 5:21 PM

Happy it worked for you, IslandMan6, since that suggests I may also get success eventually. But I tried the procedure once with no success. It's possible that what Redmond has done to Windows is really nasty for P11 -- equivalent to that infamous Explorer 11 problem back in Windows 8. Hope not.

3-d-c ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2017 at 8:41 PM

Same Problem here. Tried the workaround, no joy. For me as a content producer, a real desaster.

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

3-d-c ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2017 at 9:16 PM

OK, i got mine back going. I found it related to an installation of LavaSofts Ad-Aware software (that must have installed with an FTP client). Obciously that was causing background communication of Posers Registration to break and then the application to crash. So mine is resolved.

3-d-c ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2017 at 9:20 PM

I also want to add: Smith Micro responded to my case, a few minutes after i opened it. Had the right hint/tip. Excellent support.

smacm ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2017 at 12:31 PM

Echoing 3-D-C with praise for Smith Micro. My case worker (John) stayed with me all the way to solution, answering each time within minutes. This may be the best software support ever. The problem does indeed trace to a LavaSoft dll, which is not easy to root out in Windows 10, but once you deal with it you're fine. I want to add thanks to those who posted here. Nice to have smart people around when you need them.

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2017 at 10:34 AM

Smith Micro Rocks! Glad you all were able to get back up and running! 😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.