Tue, Oct 22, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:34 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Unable to purchase - is it just me

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 6:54 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:14 AM

I rarely purchase from here these days but today I was tempted to try and purchase a few items from the Fabiana sale but at checkout my card is declined with error 12 - authorization problem. I checked the details and tried again- same result. I tried another card and again, the same result. I understand it could be my card but the first card was accepted no problems at Daz3d just ten minutes later.

Oh and I also tried a different browser, just in case.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 7:02 AM

Update - despite the fact that the system says the purchase has been declined it has placed multiple pending transactions on my credit card so, potentially I could be charged at least four times for the same products, not quite the sale I expected.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 7:17 AM

OH and the final point, despite the massive possible overcharge, there is still no valid order and therefore I cannot download any of the products.

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 3:12 PM

We use Paypal to process all of our payments...credit cards included. They have been having trouble processing credit card payments at the moment and their system is completely down.

This has been going on since approximately 11:30pm Central Standard time yesterday. The VP has contacted them and they are working on trying to fix it and get it back up and running properly as quickly as possible.

We will let you know as soon as everything is working correctly and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

Credit cards have a two-step process. The first is the placing of a HOLD on the funds to process the purchase. The second is the actually processing of the payment and creation of the order on our system. Because these payments are not going through to completion there is no order created. And the items are still in your shopping cart. The HOLD that is placed on the funds will automatically "drop-off" of your card in 2 -7 business days. Depending on the particular financial institution who issued your card. There is no way for us to do a refund, as we never received the payment.

I will come back in and let you all know when their processing center is up and running again.

Once it is, you should be able to go in and process your order without any trouble.

Warmest Regards,

Jenn

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 4:02 PM

jennblake posted at 10:01PM Fri, 13 January 2017 - #4295063

We use Paypal to process all of our payments...credit cards included. They have been having trouble processing credit card payments at the moment and their system is completely down.

This has been going on since approximately 11:30pm Central Standard time yesterday. The VP has contacted them and they are working on trying to fix it and get it back up and running properly as quickly as possible.

We will let you know as soon as everything is working correctly and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

Credit cards have a two-step process. The first is the placing of a HOLD on the funds to process the purchase. The second is the actually processing of the payment and creation of the order on our system. Because these payments are not going through to completion there is no order created. And the items are still in your shopping cart. The HOLD that is placed on the funds will automatically "drop-off" of your card in 2 -7 business days. Depending on the particular financial institution who issued your card. There is no way for us to do a refund, as we never received the payment.

I will come back in and let you all know when their processing center is up and running again.

Once it is, you should be able to go in and process your order without any trouble.

Warmest Regards,

Jenn

Thank you for the update and the explanation I will wait on your update before proceeding and will keep an eye on my pending charges.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 5:06 PM

Interesting, as I haven't used PayPal for anything but PayPal payments in years. When I first came across smaller sites that used PayPal, I used to go to PayPal, and use one of my credit cards because I didn't want to set up an account, and even after I did set up an account, I was still able to choose which payment method I preferred.

In recent years, however, I rarely get that choice, it just goes straight to my PayPal account. Now, since there were other issues here back in November IIRC, I've been using my PayPal account to make purchases here without a problem, but that may be because I wasn't using a credit card, but choosing to pay with PayPal directly. Of course, I haven't made a purchase here since the 6th because I was waiting for funds I had transferred to my PayPal account to be credited to the account.

I didn't know Renderosity used PayPal for all it's purchases, so I guess I'll just continue to use it directly. I hope everything gets straightened out for you Hornet.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 5:12 PM

Miss B posted at 11:09PM Fri, 13 January 2017 - #4295084

Interesting, as I haven't used PayPal for anything but PayPal payments in years. When I first came across smaller sites that used PayPal, I used to go to PayPal, and use one of my credit cards because I didn't want to set up an account, and even after I did set up an account, I was still able to choose which payment method I preferred.

In recent years, however, I rarely get that choice, it just goes straight to my PayPal account. Now, since there were other issues here back in November IIRC, I've been using my PayPal account to make purchases here without a problem, but that may be because I wasn't using a credit card, but choosing to pay with PayPal directly. Of course, I haven't made a purchase here since the 6th because I was waiting for funds I had transferred to my PayPal account to be credited to the account.

I didn't know Renderosity used PayPal for all it's purchases, so I guess I'll just continue to use it directly. I hope everything gets straightened out for you Hornet.

Thank you for your support, I am sure it will sort out but I will be far more cautious the next time I am told that the payment has been declined. Next time around I will check my credit card account before trying to make the payment again.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2017 at 5:28 PM

That's a very good idea.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.