Wed, Sep 18, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: How to remove an unwanted body part

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 5:47 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

By that I mean the genitals (!). Some of the male figures have genitals. When I try to select them and hit delete, I lose the whole figure. Can someone please tell me what the trick is?

Thank you.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 6:12 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Select the genitals and on the properties tab of the parameters window and unselect visible. It would be nice if they created a hide morph but most don't.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 7:12 AM

Thank you! It worked. Can I ask you another question?

Very often the pull down on the upper left hand corner of the Preview window that has the figure's name on the left, and Body/ Body Parts etc. as choice on the right, for some reason, on its own switches the right pull down to Ground and then when I try to Orbit the camera around my figure I instead move the floor. Can anyone tell me why it's switching to Ground when it does and if there's anything I can do to stop it?

Thank you.

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 8:33 AM

The item listed on the left is the selected item. so if it says ground, the Ground is Selected and will move when you tell it to. To move the cameras, use the camera widget or make sure the Camera you wish to modify is selected. Its name will show at the top of the parameter's pallet.

;>

Andy!

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 8:34 AM

I know-- but why does it switch to Ground? I didn't set it there. That's the question.

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 9:44 AM

Sorry Andy. I just realized it changes to Ground when I select it- which I might do inadverantly by just clicking on it. Thanks!

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 12:04 PM

Going back to genitalia on certain male models, go up to the Poser taskbar and, IIRC, open the menu under figure. There may be a check next to genitalia, undo that and any model which contain genitals as part of its mesh will no longer show.

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2017 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, hborre. i will definitely try it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.