Sun, Oct 6, 5:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Another fabric: striped crepe

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 10:58 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 6:49 PM

file_220592.jpg

I like this one. :)

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 11:00 PM

file_220594.jpg

The function is one of the layers. I think it's Noise (Smooth). And I used this filter to help the colors be more defined, not a lot of blending between each key.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 11:02 PM

file_220595.jpg

Function is the Noise (Smooth) along with Pebble Noise, set to about half of the norm. And then, note the small scale and very low gain. I wanted the bump to just give an *impression*, not take over the fabric.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 11:06 PM

file_220596.jpg

For highlight, I used a very pale yellow color, with both brightness and shiny-ness turned up in the 80's. I wanted to give a sort of shiny appearance to the material. In Effects, I turned up the Contrast (in v.3, it's "transition to shadow" made "harder") so the shadows would be darker, the lighter parts lighter. Then I set it for a rotation of X-45 degrees, just to give it a better appearance than stripes cutting straight across the model. :)

tradivoro ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 12:24 AM

Hey, that looks great... Still looks like a needs a little tweaking, but really very good...

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 3:06 AM

Tweaking? ~blinks~ Think it looks great. Next week my Vue will be here and I can only hope I figure out how to do as well.

tesign ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 4:30 AM

Varian...are you guys putting all these goodies technique into an 'EB' somewhere for future "How 2 and FAQ" or something like that. We have always been referring to past threads. Lots of work, I know. Bill

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 6:20 AM

Varian, you are the "Color Production" God, you know!

tesign ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 7:17 AM

Hey Varian...that 'Temple Vase' from Bangkok looks like its gonna fall off soon. I don't think you need it to compliment those pattern drapes. Its kind of 'steal' the show and being 'obstructive' ;-)

jgmart ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 7:30 AM

Varian, This fabic is awesome!!! I've been playin around with the layers in some of my images......still haven't quite gotten it.... I love the look of this crepe. John :)

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 8:23 AM

heyas; you have so many entries for this fabric challenge, varian.... i think you should share. i need one. make me a nice one ;D this one looks cool. i dont like the bump on it, though. seems it should be a smooth fabric.

tradivoro ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 8:31 AM

Yeah, Im' with bloodsong here, I think it looks great, it should be smooth though...

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 11:03 AM

LOL, okay, for the critics the fabric I looked at IRL and decided to try making in Vue isn't a crepe but some kind of tightly knit material, like a cotton/polyester type. But when I added the layers/pebbles bump, it just looked so much like crepe I went with that instead. I'll re-do it as a knit and see how that turns out. Bill, check the Vue Forum Annex, and you'll see what we're working on regarding great info in past threads. :)

Axe555 ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 1:14 PM

Hey, I like this one Varian! I agree with bloodsong on the bumps though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.