Sun, Oct 6, 7:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2017 at 11:34 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 3:44 AM

This could be useful for any Artist in any media.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists

Might finally get that magnificent Render you have worked so hard for.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 6:21 AM

Thank you for sharing such a great link!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Kazam561 ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 9:28 AM

Thank you Rorrkon, great post. I recommend checking out the Realistic Lighting Hacks in Blender tutorial too.

Realistic Lighting Hacks In Blender

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 2:20 PM

Boni _ Your most welcome :)

Kazam561 _ Yes ,Yes ,Realistic Lighting Hacks In Blender would be in Conscious Learning.Conscious Learning is never a bad thing.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 6:54 PM

That one artwork talked about in the video is pretty amazing. I thought it to be a photograph. That painter is really skilled.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2017 at 5:31 AM
Online Now!

Thanks for linking this, very interesting and helpful.

ironsoul ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 11:47 AM

Not related to OP but sometimes I see a video on something think maybe useful to fellow Poser users . I've often wondered what the dolly settings mean in Camera props and their use The Difference Between Dolly & Zoom Shots

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 7:43 PM

It's like listening to a child explaining he discovered how to tie a shoe, and now he'll pass that info to you while he's wearing a cool headset.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2017 at 11:49 PM

flibbits posted at 12:47AM Mon, 20 February 2017 - #4297788

It's like listening to a child explaining he discovered how to tie a shoe, and now he'll pass that info to you while he's wearing a cool headset.

Need a link to your gallery's and your killer tutorial's flibbits.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2017 at 9:16 AM

ironsoul posted at 10:08AM Mon, 20 February 2017 - #4297768

Not related to OP but sometimes I see a video on something think maybe useful to fellow Poser users . I've often wondered what the dolly settings mean in Camera props and their use The Difference Between Dolly & Zoom Shots

A shorter definition is that a zoom is the physical movement of the camera either back and forward or side to side. A Zoom is the mechanical or artificial movement of the len's focus or focal point.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 7:52 AM

EClark1894 posted at 8:49AM Tue, 21 February 2017 - #4297921

ironsoul posted at 10:08AM Mon, 20 February 2017 - #4297768

A shorter definition is that a zoom is the physical movement of the camera either back and forward or side to side. A Zoom is the mechanical or artificial movement of the len's focus or focal point.

Wonder how I missed that. That should read that a DOLLY is the physical movement of the camera either back and forth or side to side. I apologize for the confusion.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 8:07 AM

The best tip of the video :

Build something and set it aside for a week.

Look back at it after a week. => You will not believe your eyes.

Then do this a few more times, and you end up with constant improvement that is unattainable otherwise.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 8:17 AM

tonyvilters posted at 2:15PM Tue, 21 February 2017 - #4298008

Then do this a few more times, and you end up with constant improvement that is unattainable otherwise.

It's a good tip for almost anything. When recording, we did a mix to take home, then didn't listen to it for a few days.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 1:13 PM

Used to be a DJ at a radio station and like most announcers we're constantly monitoring ourselves to see how we sound. Here's the key difference. No one sounds the way they THINK they do. So I can never hear myself as how I truly sound until I play it back. So waiting isn't always the way to go. So to improve, you have to have some idea, general or specific, of what you were going for in the first place.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 3:23 PM

Depends on what you're looking for. I'm well aware of how I sound; as a singer, I have monitors when recording and performing. I'd also listen to the playback in progress as the recording is being made. What I specifically mean is a final mix for pressing/distribution. You never get a good idea of it in the studio when your ears are tired. It's also arguably a better idea to play it back on a more typical home system than the high end stuff in the studio. Granted, the average muso will have better home gear than most punters but even so it's going to be something more modest than the average studio.

My Store

My Gallery

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 4:48 PM

SamTherapy posted at 5:46PM Tue, 21 February 2017 - #4298009

It's a good tip for almost anything. When recording, we did a mix to take home, then didn't listen to it for a few days.

I do this when I'm writing. Not really deliberately, it just happens that way most of the time. But I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so when I do go back to re-read it, I think it's trash and start over. This is probably why I've been writing the same novel since the early 90s.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 9:27 PM

AmbientShade posted at 10:24PM Tue, 21 February 2017 - #4298040

I do this when I'm writing. Not really deliberately, it just happens that way most of the time. But I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so when I do go back to re-read it, I think it's trash and start over. This is probably why I've been writing the same novel since the early 90s.

Okay, yeah, that I do. Probably just one of the many reasons I haven't sold a script. There are plenty of reasons, sure, but that's a major one. I'm still working on a couple of scripts that when I started them they might have been considered unique and touching. With things the way they are now politically, they might actually be considered offensive.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 9:38 PM

EClark1894 posted at 3:37AM Wed, 22 February 2017 - #4298058

Okay, yeah, that I do. Probably just one of the many reasons I haven't sold a script. There are plenty of reasons, sure, but that's a major one. I'm still working on a couple of scripts that when I started them they might have been considered unique and touching. With things the way they are now politically, they might actually be considered offensive.

😀 That's what comes of being ahead of your time.

My Store

My Gallery

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2017 at 9:46 PM · edited Tue, 21 February 2017 at 9:47 PM

EClark1894 posted at 10:41PM Tue, 21 February 2017 - #4298058

I wouldn't be too concerned about offending people, especially if you have a message you think should be heard. Everything offends someone to some extent or another. That's the point of art, imo. If every artist or writer or musician was afraid of offending people then we wouldn't have anything to talk about. And sometimes people just need to be offended to wake them up.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2017 at 2:23 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

AmbientShade posted at 3:00AM Wed, 22 February 2017 - #4298040

Volume ,Not Perfection was on of the The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists. Don't just watch thee video ,Become The 7 Habits !!! and release books characters etc etc .Art stagnates just like water ,If your Art becomes stagnated then your soul will to n the Artist with in you will fade away.

Would Artist Art be better if they followed Tony's wisdom ? Absolutely. Do Comic Artist have that amount of time ? Absolutely Not.

I do the best I can in the amount of time that I have. Somes Killer ,Somes Trash. but they say one mans trash is another treasure.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2017 at 3:37 AM · edited Wed, 22 February 2017 at 3:45 AM

RorrKonn posted at 4:32AM Wed, 22 February 2017 - #4298069

Volume ,Not Perfection was on of the The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists. Don't just watch thee video ,Become The 7 Habits !!! and release books characters etc etc .Art stagnates just like water ,If your Art becomes stagnated then your soul will to n the Artist with in you will fade away.

I know but it still needs to be the best you can produce at the time you release it, imo. If you just release a bunch of crap to fill a catalog or portfolio then you run the risk of becoming known for a lot of bad work. A portfolio should really only show the best of your work, not all the scribbles in between. So there is a happy medium in there somewhere that should be aimed for. 99% of the stuff I make I never show to anyone because I don't like it. The stuff people see is the stuff I'm willing to let them see. Sometimes I draw or write stuff just to vent, it's not meant to be seen by anyone else and really shouldn't be even if I wanted to. To me showing my work is like walking through a crowed park naked. Really not interested in doing that just whenever. So I show the stuff that I think deserves to be shown. That, and I suck at keeping up with my galleries.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2017 at 11:29 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity

AmbientShade posted at 11:51AM Wed, 22 February 2017 - #4298072

RorrKonn posted at 4:32AM Wed, 22 February 2017 - #4298069

I know but it still needs to be the best you can produce at the time you release it, imo. If you just release a bunch of crap to fill a catalog or portfolio then you run the risk of becoming known for a lot of bad work. A portfolio should really only show the best of your work, not all the scribbles in between. So there is a happy medium in there somewhere that should be aimed for. 99% of the stuff I make I never show to anyone because I don't like it. The stuff people see is the stuff I'm willing to let them see. Sometimes I draw or write stuff just to vent, it's not meant to be seen by anyone else and really shouldn't be even if I wanted to. To me showing my work is like walking through a crowed park naked. Really not interested in doing that just whenever. So I show the stuff that I think deserves to be shown. That, and I suck at keeping up with my galleries.

You all ways take things so seriously .Me I never take any thing serious enough.

U release 1% of your Art n I release 99% of mine .and in reality we both probably should release 50%.

I know under her right shoulder needs fixed n tips of her hair Shatter but I say she's cool enough and hopefully the next one will be even better.

I know you would have never released her till she was perfect.

but I don't chase perfection cause I know I'll never come close ,Only the Gods can touch perfection.So I chase cool.Even if all I'll ever have is a crapy cool gallery ,At least I have something.

The Gods greatest work of Art is the human body .So I'd walk naked threw a crowded park screaming the Gods are Killer Artist.

We bare are souls for the world to see with are Art n Poems n all for the cruel cruel world to judge. It's fine by me if 1,000,000,000 hate n curse me I don't give a damn about them anyways .I do it for the one that gets it n makes there day a little bit better.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2017 at 8:47 PM

Interesting discussion. I've been away for a long time. Kinda miss it.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2017 at 10:15 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 4:15AM Thu, 23 February 2017 - #4298122

Interesting discussion. I've been away for a long time. Kinda miss it.

So, come back. Some of us kinda like you around the place. :)

My Store

My Gallery

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2017 at 8:33 PM · edited Thu, 23 February 2017 at 8:38 PM

I miss it to ,Don't care for the after math of the civil war ,They burned Atlanta to the ground but rebuilt it better !!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.