Mon, Oct 21, 10:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 6:18 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Centering an object that needs to rotate on a specific point

bcoop ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2017 at 7:35 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:29 PM

Hi, I've created a figure that I want to rotate on a specific pivot point so that when the figure is flipped in silhouette it looks exactly the same back and front. I am rotating the figure 2 degrees at a time, rendering that image then exporting it. The end result will not be an animation but these separate files of the rendered images played one after the other (its so we can measure brain activity at specific points as the image changes). So far the flipped silhouettes do not match each other as the pivot point of the image appears to move. Any help gratefully accepted.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2017 at 3:25 AM

You can define the figure's center using the Joint Editor. Alternatively you can load a prop, patent the figure to it and rotate the prop. Adjust the apparent rotation by moving the figure relative to the prop. Set the prop invisible for the render.

Hope that helps.

Allstereo ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2017 at 4:34 PM

Hello bcoop,

The figure silhouette will look exactly the same back and front only under specific conditions. 1) You have to use the orthographic camera such as the front, back, right, left, top and bottom camera and 2) The second constraint is that the axis orientation of the figures should be at right angle with the camera. If you use the front camera, the axis orientation should be vertical. To know the orientation of the figure axis, open the Joint editor and check the orientation for the Body if you rotate about the body axis or the orientation of the hip if you rotate the figure about the hip joint.

To help you to generate the images, you can use my python script to be find in the free stuff section at:

All around script

Tracybee ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2017 at 10:17 PM

PhilC posted at 10:17PM Thu, 16 February 2017 - #4297437

You can define the figure's center using the Joint Editor. Alternatively you can load a prop, patent the figure to it and rotate the prop. Adjust the apparent rotation by moving the figure relative to the prop. Set the prop invisible for the render.

Hope that helps.

How does one "patent" a figure?

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 7:05 AM

Sorry typo , parent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.