Tue, Oct 1, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Daz Scheduled Site Maintence. Maintenance 02/16

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2017 at 11:37 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 6:35 PM

....OK finished dinner figured I'd sit down and dive into the Daz3D forums when wham I get a full page notice

"Daz3D Scheduled Maintenance"

OK never saw an email, nor anything in the Commons forum or even a general site banner yesterday or today about this occurring right during the middle of "prime time" for most people in North America. Other sites warn you in advance - for example Fantasy Attic sends out a general email to all members a couple days in advance of scheduled site maintenance (usually performed on off hours during the weekend).

In the old days we would do the same, give at least a day's warning that the system would be down which usually was done during a low usage time (again like on a weekend, usually after 00:00 local time).

If it is "scheduled", you need to let your user community know in advance.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 12:25 AM

Probably something urgent needed fixing.

Eternal Hobbyist

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 12:51 AM

think that's just the message to replace the old Dodo, hope they have not been hacked

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

beemeekay ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 3:46 AM

Weird, really. Site's still down. Let's hope it really is just some un"scheduled" maintenance. Maybe the Server Center was avalanched, or something.

beemeekay ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 5:19 AM

The site is back now, though I had to reload it and the Forum to get rid of the message...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 9:39 AM

It was scheduled, though perhaps not expected to run as long.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 11:57 AM

Perhaps Richard, but a notice/warning in advance would've been greatly appreciated.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.