Fri, Sep 20, 9:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Particle Effects in Vue 4 ? ;)

Cheers ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 11:41 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:40 AM

file_220736.jpg

Vue 4, no post-production. Another plain and simple image from yours truely, while playing about :) Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Absinthe ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 12:50 PM

COOL !!! How did You do it?

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 12:51 PM

Geeezzzz Cheers . . . 8^) How would you feel about giving a brief explanation of how you created this wonderful image - to a two week owner of Vue 4, & trying to learn as much as possible, as quick as possible??? It would be greatly appreciated if you have the time! ;^) Thanks in advance & have a good one . . . Mark.

jarm ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 1:18 PM

Captain....I'm reading a massive tatryon field ahead.... On screan. My god what is it? I believe Captain, it's a blue screen effect that Cheers has created in Vue 4.

tradivoro ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 1:22 PM

I gotta sneaking suspicion this is one of them there new fangled alpha fields with a light in the back... :) Looks great...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 1:22 PM

I love it, it is so cool, looks like an abis

Cheers ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 1:40 PM

LOL jarm...you don't know how close you are ;) Trad', you are right it is an alpha plane, but with no extra lights apart from the default sun light. I was surprised how it turned out, but it just goes to show how powerful the transparency channel is in Vue...the gradients of different transparency are perfect within the effect. I'm in the process of working my way down a long list of downloads I need to create and upload (effects like this being one of them), so as soon as they are completed I will let you all know ;D Cheers

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 2:26 PM

Jim, I'm an artist, not a technician! Absolutely gorgeous "nebula", Martin!

Flywaver ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 3:13 PM

Hey that's great Martin! :) Cheers!

Cheers ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 5:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.the3dscene.com

file_220740.jpg

Here are just a few more I've been working on. As I say, as soon as I can get my downloads section together they will be available (everything for free)...with a pretty innovative download agreement for all the Vue materials and objects, if I say so myself ;) My pet hate is restrictive license agreements, so I think I've come up with one that will not stifle your creative (and commercial) spirit. Cheers

YouTube Channel

tradivoro ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 5:59 PM

Hey, this looks better and better....

Larry F ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 6:06 PM

Just one more reason that I love the Vue forum most of all around this place. Looking great ... and INTERESTING!!!

Varian ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 11:39 PM

Beautiful innovate work, Cheers! :D

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 10:35 AM

That really is some amazing stuff there, Martin!

Varian ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 11:33 PM

ahem...innovative too. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.