Sun, Oct 6, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: How do I fix the blur in this picture?

jksf39 ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 3:48 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 8:35 PM

Hi, I have a picture of me and my friend on the right with his eyes that are blurred from the camera shot. I'm curious if there is a way to fix his eyes so that it will be seen? Thanks me and jay1.jpg

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 4:13 PM

Not if that is full size but if you have a larger original there is a lot you can try. You'll need a good Editor though like Photoshop or even Paint.net a Free full function editor., There are plenty of PS Actions that deal with enhancing the eyes same with Paint.net has Plugins and Filters for the same.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

jksf39 ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2017 at 4:21 PM · edited Fri, 26 May 2017 at 4:23 PM

Hi Lenord, Yes its kinda part of the full size. I attached the full size so you can see. But if its still possible to fix this? brothers.jpg

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 7:41 AM

Can't do a lot with a Photo this small, ran a filter for eyes and did some sharpening

file_b3e3e393c77e35a4a3f3cbd1e429b5dc1.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 10:05 AM

Sharpening can improve the image but over use will cause unwanted pixelation which will degrade the quality considerably.

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 11:42 AM

hborre posted at 11:40AM Sat, 27 May 2017 - #4306139

Sharpening can improve the image but over use will cause unwanted pixelation which will degrade the quality considerably.

Exactly and it has that effect even with very little sharpening when the Image is that small

jksf39 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2017 at 3:42 PM

Hi Lenord,

Oh darn that's a shame but at least you tried your best and its better than nothing. Thanks a lot for the help Lenord and hborre for the advice!

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2017 at 5:34 AM

Sometimes careful use of a sharpening brush can make an improvement without lowering the quality of the whole image.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

jksf39 ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2017 at 4:24 PM

HI hornet3d, That's good to know and definitely would like to see how that turns out without subsiding the overall image. Thanks.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2017 at 10:54 AM

The problem is you want a very small part of that photo enhanced and there isn't enough resolution to do it. If you have about a 6 megapixel version of it I can probably do it for you. I would also make a layer of just the part you want changed, that way you will not add artifacts to the rest of the picture. Anyway, here's what I came up with from that original size

Forum1.jpg

jksf39 ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2017 at 10:47 PM

Hi diogenese19348,

Yes I understand but am glad you offered to help and to me it looks good! Thanks a lot!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.