Tue, Oct 22, 10:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: Where to post

sheedee3d ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2017 at 7:17 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:40 AM

Where can i ask hardware related questions...like CPU, Graphics cards, monitors...etc?...

coolermaster-620 (2).jpg

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2017 at 9:04 PM · edited Mon, 29 May 2017 at 9:09 PM

I'd ask in the forum for the target software; if you're building a computer for rendering Poser, I'd ask here.

CPU: Get a server motherboard with two CPU sockets, and get a pair of multi-core Xeons. The cheapest route (per core x clockspeed) is to get a mobo with dual 1366 sockets, then get on eBay and buy a pair of used X5650, X5660, X5670, X5680, or X5690 Xeon processors. Twenty four render threads! A dual socket server motherboard with lots of RAM slots will generally be bigger than the standard ATX, so look for a case which will accept E-ATX sized motherboards. You'll want plenty of fans. Get a generously sized power supply.

RAM: Get plenty, registered (server) type, with metal heat spreaders.

Monitors: I like two 2560x1600 monitors; plenty of working desktop space.

video card(s): If you intend to render Superfly with the GPU, then you need an nVida card(s), with as much onboard video RAM as you can get. If rendering with the GPU in Lux, then you'll want AMD video card(s).

Another option is to buy a ~used~ workstation which has two multi-core Xeon processors. eBay has gobs of them.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.