Wed, Sep 18, 10:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Having trouble with clothes

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 1:28 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 11:56 AM

Hello,

I am relatively new to Poser 11 and exploring the different figures that came with the program. I like Pauline DEV but when I looked for clothes for her, I found a whole folder of clothes that fit her but when I changed her pose, the clothes didn’t follow. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

I then tried the P4 Nude woman found in the Poser 4 Hi folder but for some reason when I tried the clothes in the Clothing – P4 Female folder found in Poser Originals, they don’t fit her, or if they do they need adjusting. How do I adjust them?

Any help I can get with these would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

donnena ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 1:50 PM

HI! Poser clothing comes in two types... Conforming and Dynamic For conforming clothing to work, you have to conform it to the model.. you can Drag and Drop the item ONTO the model or you can load Pauline and then the clothing. THEN chose the clothing and click Figure, Conform to ... and chose the target figure.

For Dynamic clothing, you will have to use the Cloth room and run a simulation to make the clothing flow onto the and around the model... BRIEFLY, and assuming way too much knowledge on your part, 1 Load Pauline 2 load the dynamic clothing (usually found in Props) 3 Find the Animation slider at the bottom of working window (where you see Pauline)

1. Slide the slider all the way to the Right 5 Pose and morph Pauline 6 the clothing won't move 7 Click CLOTH tab across the top 8 Click New Simulation click OK 9 Click Clothify 10 chose the prop 11 Click Collide Against 12 Check everything the Cloth will bump into. 13 Click Animation (top menu File, Edit, figure, etc) > Recalculate Dynamics > All Cloth Wait for it to complete.....

Good luck & Happy Rendering!

;>

Andy!

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 2:16 PM
Online Now!

Is the clothing in the figures or props folder? For figure folder clothing you need to go to figure and choose conform to and conform the clothing it should now move when figure poses.

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 3:37 PM

Thank you, guys. I appreciate the answers: Spookie, the clothing is in the props folder. What does that mean? Does that mean its "conforming"?

And, Andy -- how does one know if clothing is Conforming or Dynamic? Thank you.

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 3:52 PM

Unfortunately Smith Micro puts both its conforming and dynamic clothing in the props folder. Almost everybody else puts their conforming clothing in the figures folder and dynamic clothing in the props folder. The easy way to find out if clothing items are conforming, after loading them to the scene right click and a drop down menu will appear. If conform to ... is one of the options they are conforming items.

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 4:05 PM · edited Mon, 05 June 2017 at 4:06 PM

Just checked with the p4 nude woman and the poser original clothing, most of it fits if you make sure its conformed, ie either drag and drop it onto the figure or just double click to load it into the scene then right click on it and choose the conform option.

The catsuit looks at first as if it doesn't fit. What you must do for this is first select the p4 nude woman and then from the figure menu zero the figure. The catsuit then fits, although there is some "poke through". (This is when you can see parts of the body through the clothing.) This can be fixed by either turning the relevant body part invisible, which works if the whole of that body part is covered by clothing, or by using the morph brush, which I doubt you played with yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.