Sun, Oct 6, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Is it really necessary that there are 6 Poser forums?

X-PaX ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 11:57 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:34 PM

First I have to clarify that I have nothing against Poser.
It is only a question.
There are, for example, only one Photoshop forum and only one Paintshop Pro forum.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 12:31 PM

Actually there is only 1 Poser Forum in the Application Forums there are 6 Poser Technical Forums in the Smith Micro Section (Smith Micro is Poser)

Umm, look around Poser Content and associated Stuff pays the Bills around here(DAZ to a lesser degree)...personally I don't use Poser or DAZ so I ignore those Forums (not the Galleries just the Forums) and just visit the Forums that pertain to my interests...

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 12:45 PM

I never liked the split and that fact that you can click on three of them and get the message 'no new messages posted in 80 days' I would suggest answers your question. I don't think the differences between Poser 9/2012 and Poser 10/2014 warrant a separate thread as lots of the submissions will be common to both. I can see the need for separate Poser 11/11 pro forum, not only because it is the latest, but also because there has been a lot of changes in the way things are done including a whole new render engine.

Seeing how Renderosity has responded to things like this in the past I expect the situation to remain the same except they will add a Game Dev forum.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 3:12 PM

Hmmm, IIRC, RDNA had the separate technical forums as well, so I wonder if the decision to have them separate was/is RDNA's and Renderosity's, and not the decision of Smith Mico. It's possible that's how they want them set up.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 3:48 AM · edited Sun, 25 June 2017 at 3:54 AM

Miss B posted at 9:46AM Sun, 25 June 2017 - #4308438

Hmmm, IIRC, RDNA had the separate technical forums as well, so I wonder if the decision to have them separate was/is RDNA's and Renderosity's, and not the decision of Smith Mico. It's possible that's how they want them set up.

You could well be right and maybe I am pointing the finger at the wrong people but I still cannot see the logic, three forums where not one of them has had any interaction in over 80 days!! If there were some threads, lets say in the Poser 4,5 and 6 forum and they were asking for support there may well be users now using later versions of Poser that could answer the question or offer support. Someone now using Poser 11 or 2014 is unlikely to look in the other forums but that does not mean they do not have knowledge of the earlier versions and would, I am sure, support another user irrespective of the version being used.

Personal view but I think at best it is a waste of space and at worse, self defeating, if the aim is to offer support to all Poser users irrespective of the version they are using.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 7:54 PM

I count 11 Poser forums currently.

1. New Poser Users Help
  2. Poser Technical Forum/ Smith Micro News and Announcements
  3. Poser Technical Forum/ Poser 11
  4. Poser Technical Forum/ Poser 10
  5. Poser Technical Forum/ Poser 9
  6. Poser Technical Forum/ Poser 8
  7. Poser Technical Forum/ Poser 7
  8. Poser Technical Forum/ Poser 4,5,6
  9. Software/Poser
  10. Poser Python Scripting
  11. Poser Technical

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 8:53 PM · edited Sun, 25 June 2017 at 8:54 PM

Ahhhh, I have all the technical versions lower than 9 hidden. You don't have to view all the forums offered.

I also don't have the bottom 2 showing, though I'm going to check out the Python Scripting forum. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 10:10 PM

Unfortunately hiding the forums only works on the main forum page and not in the forum selection drop down. The drop down is the most practical way of navigating the forums from my experience.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 11:15 PM

Ohhhhh, I use the main forum page and just scroll down to any forums that have new posts. Don't think I've ever used the dropdown list.

Butterfly Dezignz

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 4:22 AM

Miss B posted at 10:20AM Mon, 26 June 2017 - #4308545

Ohhhhh, I use the main forum page and just scroll down to any forums that have new posts. Don't think I've ever used the dropdown list.

I do the same using the main forum page and have some of the Poser forums hidden along with a lot of other forums that I either have no interest in or would have an interest if I could afford the software.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 4:54 PM

Exactly, I can't see having all those forums showing if I'm never going to visit them.

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.