Thu, Sep 19, 9:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:38 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Calling all Computer tech gurus!

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 1:25 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:46 AM

Hello gang. Win 10 has done it again ... now I can't access a couple of my USB ports. Unfortunately one has ALL my content, Poser and other software on it. I've already changed ports ... otherwise I couldn't use my keyboard and mouse. This has happened before after a major Win upgrade. Johnny, are you there?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 3:29 PM

Why I downgraded my new Puter from 10 back to Se7en SP1, Win 10 the Vista of today...it sucks IMHO

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 3:31 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi Boni Easiest thing I can think of to resolve USB ports not functioning right is corrupt drivers. So click on the Widows icon in task bar start tyoing Device manger scroll down till you see the Universal Serial Bus control click on the little plus sign see if any of the drivers under there have a yellow triangle or question mark right click on it unistall drivers restart Windows as Windows restarts it should reinstall the missing drivers and resolve the issue you may get prompted to restart Windows a second time after the driver is reinstalled

Good Luck

Clipboard01.jpg

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

will2power ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2017 at 4:51 PM

There is one other thing you may want to check. A lot of times, we assume that because everything functioned yesterday, that whatever software change happened must have affected it. But there is another possibility you may want to check. USB controllers do go bad just like every other component on your computer. It may just be coincidental that it happened at the time that you did your update. Or the USB controller on the device in question may be the problem --neither is out of the realm of the possible. Eliminate those possibilities by checking your device in a different computer. You didn't say whether or not the device is an external hard drive or a USB Flash drive or what, so I'm just speaking generally, but the biggest mistake you can make is assuming there's nothing wrong with your hardware --be it the motherboard or the device in question. I just finished restoring the corrupt partition of a flash drive today that was working on friday, but when the guy tried it yesterday morning it wouldn't show any of his files nor the partition. It's better to be thorough and consider every option and not just jump to the conclusion that an update canned your USB ports.

LPR001 ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2017 at 8:40 PM

Lobo is pointing you in the right direction Boni. Consider yourself lucky the update only knocked out the USB ports. It knocked out Explorer and a couple of drivers for me.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2017 at 9:50 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks Johnny hope you are well and doing good. I do agree also with will2power if it is an external USB controller good idea to check it on other machines if possible but from experience with Windows and updating it is notorious for corrupting drivers during updates do let us know how it is going if one solution does not work can usually track down another solution if need be

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

LPR001 ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2017 at 10:53 AM

I am going good Lobo. I took Boni's post that is was internal ports which some have suffered driver issues on 1703 updates. that and GPU's

For reference here is another one that took a week to solve. I cringe with every update LOL.

If - MS Windows 10 Creator (Version 1703) update knocks out 3D apps, Lightroom etc or any other application causing it crash on opening.

Check - Control Panel > Programs and Features list and see if you have -

RivaTuner Statistics Server in the list. It was shipped in PC's with afterburner, Nvidia including some AMD GPU's but separate to your cards drivers/update etc

If it is a version less than - 7.0.0 beta 19 uninstall and restart PC > try the application to check it works - If yes then

Go here and download nothing less than the 7.0.0 beta 19

www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatu...server-download.html

and you will be back in biz.

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2017 at 10:04 PM
Forum Moderator

I have yet to update to the Creators edition tried it and with in less than an hour rolled it back. The creator edition has some interesting functions coming but they are not even close to ready and MS releasing it as is was a mistake on their part unless it is a reinstall on their new Surface Pro so till it has been out for a while and most of the bugs worked out of it I would tell anyone not to update to it even if you have new hardware and I spent to much during X-mas to build my beast to let something screw it up in general Windows 10 has not misbehaved on my system but I am maybe obsessively proactive on what I allow on my PC or network lol. Glad your doing good

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

LPR001 ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2017 at 7:56 PM

@Lobo3433 Creators edition is not so bad now to install now. They had to pull it shortly after release and stopped the automatic UD roll out once the issues started to show up in numbers. I have probably had it for a couple of months and it has been very stable. Sure footed as a mountain goat with 3 legs my friend so be brave.

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2017 at 9:57 AM
Forum Moderator

I might let it install soon since shortly it will not be an option not to allow 😁

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.