Tue, Oct 22, 10:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:54 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Interesting Thread Subject

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2017 at 10:38 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:27 AM

Seems silly...but okay.

Anyway, Hi,

I've just dealt with reinstalling all my Daz Generation 3 & 8 stuff (sooo simples), now I have Poser to deal with. I'd like to try skipping making multiple runtimes for my gazillion items; do you think I can just install everything with the installers or zips to one HuGe runtime and have Semidiu's Library Manager 2 sort everything out? Whatcha think?

Thank you

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2017 at 5:03 AM

Well I can't see any reason why you can't and Library Manager 2 should sort it but one of my questions would be, how do you back up your runtimes? My runtimes are split and I have multiple level of back up, content that i would like to keep but hardly ever use is basic while the new stuff, the content used every day and my art work are all quadruple backed up. Such security has a cost so this is my balance between cost and security.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2017 at 5:15 AM · edited Mon, 03 July 2017 at 5:18 AM

I use Crashplan, a cloud based (or local too if you want} real time backup service- it works GREAT!. Losing data is the least of my worries. :)

https://www.crashplan.com/en-us/

Thanks for replying! That was the answer I wanted to hear.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2017 at 5:45 AM

Geoffrey_Woodget posted at 11:45AM Mon, 03 July 2017 - #4309064

I use Crashplan, a cloud based (or local too if you want} real time backup service- it works GREAT!. Losing data is the least of my worries. :)

https://www.crashplan.com/en-us/

Thanks for replying! That was the answer I wanted to hear.

That works.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.