Sun, Oct 6, 7:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Object doesn't accept Image_Map well.

ElZagna ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 3:44 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 6:42 AM

I have this bed called "Jahrhundertstahl Eisenbett". It was a freebie from long ago, and apparently it was quite popular. When I try to apply an image_map node to the bed_linen part it, well, misbehaves. Here it is in Preview. The checkered pattern is NOT the image_map.

Jahrhundertstahl Eisenbett ImageMap Preview.png

And here it is rendered:

Jahrhundertstahl Eisenbett ImageMap Rendered.png

Again, the strange pattern is NOT the image_map.

So, what's going on here, and can it be fixed?

ironsoul ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 4:36 PM · edited Wed, 21 June 2017 at 4:49 PM

Could there be a second duplicate object there? If so applying a small displacement to the material might help. The other thought is if your using normals the mapping is wrong. Providing a screen shot of the material will help.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 5:58 PM

As Ironsoul said, if you can give us a screenshot of the Mat room advanced settings we can better help you. Also, which version of Poser are you using?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 7:11 AM

It looks like it's not UV mapped properly, if at all...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 2:51 PM

rokket posted at 8:50PM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4308194

It looks like it's not UV mapped properly, if at all...

My thoughts exactly.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 4:13 AM · edited Fri, 23 June 2017 at 4:14 AM

It is the UV mapping. This is the 8_-_Bedlinen material in UVMapper Pro:

Jahrhundertstahl Eisenbett.jpg

All the materials need remapping, as far as I can see; the bed was originally modelled from primitives, going by the group names.

No offence to the creator, because this is freestuff and of course we appreciate it as such: but last time I loaded this into a scene, my reaction was to replace it with something else. Yes, it could have been fixed, given time, but there are plenty of other beds out there.

ironsoul ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 1:24 AM · edited Sat, 24 June 2017 at 1:25 AM

I was expecting the cause not to be UV related as the preview worked. Is it known why OpenGL did not have the problem? Curious as sometimes when working on a new mesh I just use preview mode.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 9:44 AM

The OP said 'The checkered pattern is NOT the image_map' - although we don't know what the texture was, I assume the preview was messed up too.

The bed loads with procedural materials on it, so that would be the easiest way to make use of it.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 3:29 PM

I suspect that since it was made from a primitive it was UV mapped, and whatever the creator did to it messed the mapping up.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ElZagna ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2017 at 5:11 PM

I apologize for not being more attentive to this thread that I started. I guess I'm not being notified when someone responds. Everybody's been trying to be helpful and I've been AWOL. I think EnglishBob has it figured out. It's a nice bed but not worth the trouble.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2017 at 6:01 AM

No problem. I'm not getting notifications any more either, even though I'm still shown as subscribed to the thread. It's been a known problem on this forum for a couple of years at least. I leave it as an exercise for the reader to predict when it's going to get fixed.

I think the bed was designed to use procedural materials, hence the lack of useful UV mapping. It works fine with materials that don't use UV coordinates.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.