Mon, Sep 9, 6:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 9:02 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: First Look at Eevee: Blender's Realtime Rendering Engine

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 2:22 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 10:20 PM
Boni ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 8:11 PM

Where does this leave cycles?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 8:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Think it looks amazing but since it is not yet fully optimized think Cycles will still be around for a long time and perhaps it might mean that the internal Blender Render might be on it's way since I have not heard of any new advancements or development on Blenders native render engine. Again that is just my opinion But Eevee does look very exciting

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 10:04 PM

Eevee is far from being a replacement to Cycles, and may never replace it entirely. It most likely will see close integration with the Blender game engine, opening the door for a much more robust game development environment inside Blender. This puts it more in competition with other real-time game engines like Unreal Engine or Unity. We may see some tandem functionality between Eevee and Cycles down the road, allowing for some very interesting interactivity and unexpected real-time results. It's currently running only on CPU which is not very good at all for any real time engine. Once it gets ported to GPU then we will see things get much more interesting and useful.

Blender Internal is probably only still around at this point for backward compatibility purposes. Then again, Autodesk has never removed the old Scanline render engine from 3dsmax either, even though the software is now shipping with the powerful Arnold render engine by default, and also has no less than 3 other default render engines built in as well.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

LeoLee ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 10:25 AM

I wish Poser and Daz with a real-time render like that. ;)

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 5:04 PM

Good information everyone ...I love these new developments!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 8:20 PM

Here's a new video showing some of EEVEE's new features being used in a full interior scene.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2017 at 7:34 PM

Here's another video from the same guy - EEVEE's really looking good, and this is very early pre-release code.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2017 at 1:03 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.