Mon, Sep 9, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:24 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: How to Install Objects/Characters Etc.?

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2017 at 12:35 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 8:50 AM

Just downloaded and tried to install some zip files for use in Poser 11 on a Mac and nothing shows up in Poser. I believe I put things in all the proper folders but it seems a very convoluted way to install anything. Any help very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Carl

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2017 at 12:57 PM

Which Poser content library did you install them to? Is that Poser content library currently added to your Poser library panel?

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2017 at 1:35 PM

I really don't know. I assume since I just installed Poser there is only the one library.

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2017 at 1:39 PM · edited Wed, 30 August 2017 at 1:40 PM

I installed WinZip thinking it might be able to auto install the files to their correct paths but I see no option in that app to "use folder names" as suggested in the read_me file when unzipping. Amazing what a mess it is to use this stuff. Is there no way to install stuff from within Poser?

Thanks,

Carl

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2017 at 2:02 AM

You can install correctly formatted zips from within Poser. Go to the "Content" tab and click on the "Install from ZIP archive" button.

Information regarding the Poser libraries and how to use them is found in the manual. For an overview go to the Poser menu Window > Quick Start > Library.

When installing content make a note of where you are installing it to then ensure that you have that content library added to your Poser library panel.

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2017 at 9:30 AM

Thanks, but I don't see a Content button in Poser. I've watched a number of videos that show one at the top of it's screen but I don't have it. I'm using Poser 11.

Thanks,

Carl

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2017 at 4:10 PM

OK Use WinZip to extract the ZIP to a new folder, for the sake of this reply let's call the folder "My Poser Stuff". Just be sure you know where the folder is.

Next open Poser and look in the top right hand corner of the library panel for a button/icon "Add Library". Click on it and navigate to your "My Poser Stuff" folder. Select the folder, click the OK's.

Now on the other side of the library pallet, next to "Show Library" click on the little down arrow. Select "My Poser Stuff" which will probably be at the bottom of the list.

Review the various sections of the library for your stuff.

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2017 at 4:27 PM

I'll give it a try, thanks a bunch.

Carl

Nails60 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 5:12 AM

If you have Poser 11 the content room has been removed. Go the file drop down menu and you will find a heading "install from zip archive". Click on this and a window will open, navigate to your zip files and select one of those. Poser will now give you a choice of libraries. (You will only have a choice of 2, Poser 11 content and Downloads.)

I would recommend you add a new library appropriate for the content you are loading, definitely don't add anything to the Poser 11 library, this will give you problems in the future if you want to upgrade when a new version of Poser comes out. The same applies to the download library to a lesser extent.

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 6:08 AM

Thanks, I tried that and refreshed the runtime I put them in but they still won't show in the menu. The two zip files that won't load were both purchased from either Content Paradise or Renderosity so I would think they'd be setup correctly.

Carl

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 10:35 AM

Not always the case I'm afraid. It is always prudent to either unzip into a temporary folder or open the compressed file with a compression software and examine the contents.

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 11:17 AM

Tried that too. Out of ideas. Amazing they're ok selling stuff that won't even load.

Thanks,

Carl

feecozen ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2017 at 1:23 PM

For Mac Poser, I use dittoGUI by iLike. $2, but well worth it. It will unzip and install to the Runtime you point it to with no problems. (I'm not affiliated with iLike in any way, just a satisfied user.)

ckeyes888 ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2017 at 2:13 PM

Cool, thanks a bunch.

Torraner ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2017 at 1:22 PM

Hello and excause me for reactivating the Thread. Today i bought and installed Poser 11 Pro as an Update. Every thing works fine. (I think so, i´m new to poser) While the installation the Install-Manger installs a Content Library with a ton of Stuff to my application folder (OS X 10.10). I have my DAZ Studio Content Library located on a Drobe with 12 TB of Space. My Question: How can i move my Poser-Content Folder to the same Drobo and delete it from the Boot-Drive ?

Greets Torraner

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.