Mon, Sep 9, 4:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:24 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: How do you edit and SAVE joins/bones in Poser 14

Taiine ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 5:30 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 4:31 AM

So I've been doing 3D modeling for a while and the one hitch I have is rigging what I've made. Well not so much rigging, but SAVING the rigging. Every time I try and rig something, or edit the rigging on existing models (usually after I've edited the mesh for personal projects) the rigging never saves, nothing I do makes it save.

http://i.imgur.com/5hXql7D.png

That is one example. That there is the poser Dolphin, I edited the obj file to transform it into a calf as no amount of deforming or morphs to the base model gave me the result I liked. Plus I corrected some incorrect body portions on the default model and made it more anatomically correct. But the rigging is still set to the normal default unchanged model. I have fixed this more times than I can count, I save, over wright, or add new to the library, and every time I reload this figure, the rigging is back to that. I cannot get it to save in any way shape or form.

I would really like help as any google searches or YouTube videos I have tried to locate either think's I'm searching for how to pose an already rigged model, or it shows how to rig, but don't show how to save the rigging. (and trust me watching a 2 hour video tutorial on rigging only to find at no point did it say anything on how to save just made me klsegrncjsmrp)

Even for my custom models, I do the rigging, think I save it, and then next reload the rigging is gone. I just am tired of redo0ing the rigging every single time I want to work with it.

Please any help would be great.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 8:27 AM · edited Fri, 01 September 2017 at 8:30 AM
  1. are you saving whilst in the set up room or the pose room?
  2. are you saving the scene or are you saving to the figure library?
  3. are you using conventional bones and older style joint parameter zones or are you weight mapping?

Taiine ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2017 at 1:14 PM · edited Fri, 01 September 2017 at 1:27 PM
  1. Pose room, I can't sort how to save in the setup room. no tutorial I've seen covers that part of it. They just rig it, show it off in pose room and that's it. .
  2. Figure library
  3. I tried both, mostly the bones you see in the image link. Still not sure how to do weight mapping properly yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.