Wed, Sep 25, 9:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 9:18 am)

Subject: Poser on the Web

Marigold ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 4:42 PM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 9:25 AM

Hi all! I've just posed and dressed a couple of the models that come with the program and have rendered them and exported that to a Photoshop file (so that I can work with it as a JPEG, PNG, or whatever). I'd like to end up with just the models on a web page without the grey background color (so that I can use the background scene that I've already set up on the web page instead) that comes with them when I export the file from Poser, but can't seem to figure out how to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I'm doing some volunteer work for a science museum and would like to use the Poser models for a kids section of the site. : )

TJ ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 4:52 PM

If youre saving it as a psd file it has an active alpha channel , so you can load your selection from the alpha.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 11:01 PM

Have you thought about rendering them with the background color you want in Poser? Marque

Marigold ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 12:44 AM

Actually, I'm using a background image for the web page. The background image is substantially larger (800x600) than the 300x300 Poser model that I want to use on the web page. Thank you for the suggestions though!

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 6:59 AM

Marigold, You can bring in the actual background image and poser will ask you if you want to change the window to the size of the image. Go to import > Background Picture and it will do the rest once you find the picture. Also, you can change the size of the poser window yourself by double clicking on the numbers at the top and putting in your own numbers like 800 x 600 or grab the little circle at the lower right corner and move it to the size you like. Marque

Marigold ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 9:44 AM

Thanks very much for your help!

Buddha32 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 10:53 AM

You can also remove the background in Photoshop with the background eraser tool or the extract command.

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 8:14 PM

...tried just converting it to a .GIF with a transparent background?

Marigold ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2001 at 8:44 PM

The background eraser technique works great, I'll try the .GIF one as well. Thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.